2022, updates and game plan

I’ve been on the fence about the LowRider 2, so I’m very excited to see what you come up with here.

If I could improve it, I’d ask for some way to store it out of the way then not in use. The LR2 seems to need a dedicated table, and I’ve seen a few that flip up… But if it didn’t need a dedicated table that would be much better. If it could be designed to work flat on the ground on something that could be packed up smaller, that would be awesome.

That might be impossible, but I thought I’d put the idea out there since you’re thinking about the new version.

Thanks for all your hard work! I loved my MPCNC and I’m currently remaking it as a Primo and I’m very much looking forward to having it work again.

2 Likes

Make it a super slow ZenXY bot and i’m interested :rofl:
Watch it mow the grass in intricate shapes and it growing back :smiley:

3 Likes

I have a few ideas to make it less obtrusive, but it will certainly need a dedicated table for that. Keeping something fairly accurate and removable requires something to be attached. Fold up or tilting is a maybe, but making stay out of the way and leave a usable work surface is an absolute.

1 Like

I’ve had the following idea kicking around.

Build the lr2 so that when it’s parked, the gantry is up against a wall. Then hinge the table just beyond the width of the gantry so that the table folds up against the wall. You’d be limited to the height from the table top to your ceiling, but it may work.

3 Likes

Thanks for the peek into the future. I’m working toward getting a MUCH larger shop, and would absolutely dedicate some floor space to a full-sheet CNC. I can’t wait to check-out your next creation.

2 Likes

Local and a giant shop…??? oh man

2 Likes

Well, it looks like absolutely nothing has made it out before the 3-4 week holiday in China. I was told they would all make it…not one did. Gonna be slim pickins real fast round these parts. I placed some of those orders mid December.

2 Likes

Oh man. That stinks.

1 Like

If I heard correctly, in a “Prusa Live” programme a few weeks/months (?) ago, Jo Prusa mentioned this issue in passing - said they were sending trucks to pick the stuff up themselves. That’s a mere 6,593 miles / 10 610 km EACH way!

Now about that sailing boat…

3 Likes

Could help with that. Use a laser and camera with a welding robot to locate joint locations to weld. No reason it can’t find weeds. Camera is only $40k Lol

1 Like

We could also maybe go for it having ability to trim and cultivate topiary!

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh, I remember seeing these on youtube when they were still figuring them out.

Be brave. Hook up a Manscaper to your LowRider…

5 Likes

Definitely would need surface scanning… and some more z travel… :laughing:

Skipped steps could be a disaster! Ouch.

I’d rather use a laser.

Be sure to use safety goggles :sunglasses:

I’m assuming you’ve never smelled burning hair.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly!

ok, add an extraction fan

Hey Dan,
When you receive the tracking number you can call UPS and tell them you’ll handle border cost.
They’ll give you the information, you call the border office, pay VAT, forward the bill number to UPS and receive the parcel.
Not in Canada for the last 6 years But that’s what I did, process detail could be different now but I’m 100% sure you still can avoid the brokerage fee and enjoy UPS pretty good quality of service

@Ryan, thanks for all this work and thanks to all the helpers.

1 Like