2022, updates and game plan

I’d like to see an LR3 with a built in coffee maker, and maybe a toaster. Thank you.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I would like to make it about 30’x40’. I am tired of paying non-robots to mow my lawn.

6 Likes

I have to believe you’ve seen this already, but…

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting an ultra efficient watering system, that I figure could double as a mower. That might have to be the next project. Autonomous lawn butler with water and power umbilical.

2 Likes

Battery power, and an directionally controlled laminar flow fountain to deliver the water to a funnel on the top of the mobile cutting/watering head and you can eliminate the umbilical.

2 Likes

That would be awesome! So two robots Laminar Lenny, who squirts water to the butler when needed

and some sort of lawn butler, butler Bill, that gently trims and waters at the same time. Butler Bill would have a drooling problem that we could take advantage of.

2 Likes

Maybe you could modify a sprinkler with a gimbal to shoot the water over to the robot so that it can water the grass.

That just sounds like watering with extra steps.

1 Like

But it’s the extra steps that make it a fun thought exercise.

All I can say I’m very disappointed, and with the greatest of respect that’s an engineer’s solution to the problem. It’s a sort of band aid solution which doesn’t address the root cause.

Faced with the same problem, I got rid of the lawn.

7 Likes

I caught that…

4 Likes

you could stop watering the lawn. All it takes is a little time, then you can stop mowing too!

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, everyone. But I have my heart set on a MowRider.

3 Likes

This seems like a perfect fit for the pillar method these guys use. I saw them at the last maker faire I went to. Goliath ​CNC router machine overview | Goliath It drives itself but uses to tethered pillars to keep track of the actual movements. Heck use them to feed in the power and a small water line and we have a winner.

5 Likes

You gunna give it ai and a laser to zap weeds?

4 Likes

Can I just take a moment to appreciate the conversations in these forums. I love that we dont have some Nazi Moderator telling y’all to get back onto topic. Its just the guys having fun and I love it.

5 Likes

Amen to that!

And to the lack of politics!

3 Likes

As far as I am concerned we are on topic, 2022, maybe we will have a yard robot. Why rule it out. :rofl:

5 Likes

Then i want one that can mow svg’s or text in the lawn

6 Likes

The moderator is usually the one sending discussions off topic :slight_smile:

5 Likes