12vdc or 24vdc for lowrider

I have had the unit running (no load) for a hour as a test to monitor temps, so far it has just been warm to touch.
Will then do another test under load and see what temps I get. I purposely put the 24 to 12v converter on top of the aluminium chassis of the power supply to help in the heat dissipation through the power supply aluminium chassis, since it’s aluminium and will spread the heat along it.

I thought the output is 12v not 3.3v on the skr controller (fan0,fan1,fan2), I will need to double check my controller with a multimeter to be sure as this was all wired based on 12v outputs from controller, as I read on previous posts some users running 12v fans directly from controller fan0/fan1/fan2 outputs.

The self tapers were only temporary, these have been changed. But I will be running some hot glue once finished, especially on metal objects near live voltages.

Ah… ok. I was thinking you were driving your solid state relays directly from the controller and not from the fan outputs so they should be fine on 12v. Make sure you disable any auto-fan instructions in your config!

1 Like