100W CO2 laser tube, works but not full power. Headed for trash unless you want it

I have no idea what use this might be to someone. Maybe you’re filming your own indie sci-fi movie and need props. LOL. 100W CO2 laser tube, works but not full power. Probably 60%-80% of expected power, and burns a donut shape instead of a dot. Headed for trash unless you want it. Just a little check before I git rid of it. Probably not worth price of shipping, but thought I’d ask. This thing is long, but I have a factory box with original factory packing for protection. I got a lot of stuff made it without realizing the donut shape was the cause of my “drop shadow” effect on my profile cuts, and without realizing that was evidence that it needed replaced.

1 Like

Doug, if you are on FaceBook this group is a great resource.
Lightburn Laser Creations
The members are very helpful and might be able to tell you if it’s possible to get your laser tube working correctly.

Thanks! However, the OMTech support agent found out about the donut shaped burn and sent me a new laser tube at no charge. According to them, it’s a sign the tube is either faulty or is well past its prime. I’m not looking to rehab this tube. Just either give it away or trash it.

1 Like