ZenXY questions

I have a decent background in 3d printing and im wanting to build myself a ZenXY. im looking into different mainboard choices and im leaning towards using an skr board with some silent stepper motors for quiet operation. Im trying to see if anyone has successfully used one for this build.

Another question i have is has anybody tried using octoprint as a interface with their table to load designs an control the table through wifi?

I am using this board for mine, which has wifi, and a web interface already. I have tmc2130s installed and it works well. It is pretty quiet but I also bought some 1" shrink wrap and wrapped the two outside rails. Those two things in combination have worked pretty well for me.

The skr would work, but no one has tried it, and it is pretty big for just two stepper motors.

I was asking about the difference between that board and this one and the consensus was the TMC2209 were quieter drivers. I was curious if 2130s were quite enough and I could have saved a few $. Too late now… lol

They are both very quiet. The 2209 can handle more current (which we don’t care about) and uses UART instead of SPI (which is really just a problem for Bart). To us, there really isn’t much difference.

1 Like

I am gathering parts to make a zenxy2, and planned on using my old ramps with 2130’s. I recently upgraded my printer from that to a Gtr board with 2209 drivers, and tbh they work the same as the 2130 wrt noise. The main difference I noticed was the 2209 stay cooler; likely due to the higher current overhead.