Z-Endstop: z-max, z-min and z-home with dual endstop

You can just swap the Z motor cable around on one end:

https://docs.v1engineering.com/software/reverse-motor/

1 Like

Strange. I am going to flip it.
But just for my peace of mind - this would theoritically right (see pic).

1 Like

Visually but you need the schematic to be sure. The symptoms suggest otherwise :thinking::heart: Jeffeb3 is correct

Can the marlin menu be changed to have main level options for “Home XY” and “Home Z” to replace the current “Home All” option?

1 Like

Yee-eesss… But it would involve mucking about in the firmware source. I don’t think it would be terribly difficult, the menu code looked pretty modular when I checked it out. But you’d have to figure out a way to stash and reapply your changes every time there’s an update you want…

Regarding changing the home behavior:

The LCD function for that home sequence is the same as sending G28 via the command line. Another option, which would be a more universal solution, is to change the default bahavior of G28 to only home XY. Then you’d be able to send G28, and then G28 Z to do the touch plate.

That would have the advantage of making things like the home all button in repetier host play nice with our machines too.

I remember a config parameter for what the default homing sequence was. I am just not sure If I saw that in grbl or in Marlin’s config.

It is impossible to tell from the wire colors. The motor manifacturers choose whatever wires they want, and wire them how they want. The proof is in the pudding, and if it is moving the wrong direction, then you should swap the cable around.

It is a pretty common problem and solution.

1 Like

Just make sure the control board is powered off before plugging or unplugging the motors.

2 Likes

And thus answered one question for me. Flipping Connector => now it works. :grin:

That leaves another question that has actually already been answered.
I’m just surprised what you can still do with the G38.x? At least it is directly contained in cncjs and promises nice solutions.
But this command does not seem to work at all, does it?
It would still be a great thing if I could use the Z-end sensor and the measuring device?

I’m only asking because it is explicitly available everywhere and is mentioned again and again in the many videos and instructions. I can’t be the only one who stumbles upon it here, can I? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2020-03-26 19_56_10-Window

I thought it was pretty obscure. You can enable it in the configuration of marlin.

What software is that?

That is cncjs