Y Axis Sweeps

Has anyone developed any sweeps for the y axis as of yet? I am trying to come up with something and havent seen anything. My bearings are constantly becoming packed with dust from the track they take.

I know @azab2c has made one, it can be found here on printables: Printables

1 Like

Is it ment to scrape just above the board?
I have the same issues with dust when cutting MDF. I know the bearings will roll easily on 4mm objects (don’t ask why lol), but it ruins my perfectly flat surfaces :slight_smile:

Not sure, i haven’t tried it myself. Maybe a small nozzle blowing air could be a sollution?

1 Like

Yeah, good idea, but maybe I should add some bristles first around the dust shoe.

1 Like

You rang? :smiley:

https://www.printables.com/model/408604-improved-dust-shoe-for-lowrider-3

2 Likes

well look at that!
what thickness of pvc do you recommend? Might have some laying around.
(also wonder, are those magnets needed, or is it just for that ratling sound it makes during usage?)

Your post inspired me to try something for this. I haven’t spent the money for dust extractors yet so I have a lot of chips that end up in the path of the y-axis wheels. I am testing this design to see how well it works, but basically its a snow plow for wood chips that just rides over the top of the skate wheels. I don’t have it set up to attach to anything currently. I tested how that works and it slides along the track great so far, but I need to cut some actual wood and see if it works under a load. I do have an extra spacer in my lowrider axles to move the out to the v-grove so I have a little extra space between my wheels and the bracket.

2 Likes

Looks like a good fit. My only concern is that it might get caught on something and bind. Let us know how it goes.