X-MIN always triggered

Hi All,

I have the # V1CNC_Rambo_DualLR - 2.0.9.2 - 513DL firmware and even when the X-MIN isn’t wired up it still shows as triggered using M119. I bought the Rambo 1.4 from V1 if this helps.

Any ideas?

Your behavior is expected. Any switches you don’t have wired up will show triggered. The V1 maintained Marlin firmware is set up for normally closed switches, which means a switch is triggered when the circuit is broken. With no switch connected, the circuit reads as if the connection is broken.

If you have a Dupont wire, you can carefully connect the ‘-’ pin and the ‘s’ pin for the X-Min endstop, and M119 should see the connection as ‘Open’.

Note that the use of normally closed connections is slightly safer. If a wire gets knocked loose or a wire is broken, any attempt to home the machine will result in no movement. If the switches and firmware were set up as normally open and a wire is broken, homing would result in the machine pounding into the stop blocks.

2 Likes

Hi Robert,

I wired the endstop and M119 still says triggered. I only have 2 connections unused on the board and I’ve tried both. I’ll check the wiring and connectors just in case.