X+ / - direction on TFT35

Hello, since the x axis does only have one end stop, it’s important that it’s connected correctly on the SKR Pro 1.2.

I have an alternative TFT35 case (for the non e3 version). That’s why the rotation of it is changed. (The original TFT35 case is placed on the left side & rotated to the left side instead of on the right side and to us)

That’s my setup:

Question:
Am I right that the x axis has to be connected inverted?
What I mean: if you press X- button, the x axis moves to the right (instead of to the left which the arrow image on the tft would indicate)

Otherwise (if x- would really mean x left) the end stop on the left doesn’t get triggered at all. (X0 Y0 Z0 would be on the bottom left (from the perspective of the picture) for the workpiece. So X0 by example would be 10 to the right and at the end on the right side would be no end stop, the end stop is only on the left side.

Maybe somebody can enlighten me if that’s correct and why it is like that. (X Left on TFT35 is x right otherwise the end stop does not get triggered)

If my question is too confusing please let me know and I will make some more descriptive pictures!

+X should go to the right. That should be away from the endstop. If your X motor is moving the wrong way, you can reverse the motor cable to reverse the direction.

+Y should move away from you.

+Z should move the bit away from the spoilboard.

2 Likes

Yes your X stepper is backwards. Power down your board and flip the X motor connector then power it back up and it will move to the left for X-

Edit… @jeffeb3 beat me to it LOL And gave more info!!! Heffe is the MAN!!!

1 Like