What file do I use for TMC2209 SKR V 1.4 with dual limit switch stops

Hi Guys! I’m a complete newbie when it comes to the world of CNC. I’m just a woodworker so coding confuses the crap out of me. My goals are to have a CNC and Laser engraving setup. I currently have purchased the SKR 2 TFT35 E3 V 3.0, 5 TMC2209 Drivers and the SKR V 1.4 Turbo. I have also bought limit switches for my x and y axis’s and was hoping to be able to auto level when trying to get ready for each project.

When it comes to building it and putting it together I think I can handle that but when it comes to the computer side of things I’m lost. What file do I need to upload to my sd card to have these functions? I’ve been following Teaching Tech on his build however, he coded his machine to a V1.3 and I have a feeling that his files wouldn’t work on mine.

Also, does anyone have a picture or a diagram of how they set up their laser to the SKR V 1.4???

Welcome to the madness !
I can not help you with the laser part as I do not have a SKR turbo, but as far as the firmware goes you should look at Frimware page. Lots of information there.
You did not say what machine you are building, but at the firmware page you will find 2 files for the SKR turbo, one for the LR with dual endstop V1CNC_SkrTurbo_DualLR_8825 and another for the MPCNC V1CNC_SkrTurbo_Dual_8825 those files have not been tested by V1 Engineering as @vicious1 does not sell this board, but the file was created by someone in the community.
Either way if you Donload the Teaching Tech firmware or the one in the firmware page, you still need to go into the marlin firmware and change the stepper driver from 8825 to TMC2209(From the V1 page) or chage the board from Teaching Tech firmware.
hope this help.

Here is a post about the SKR 1.4 Turbo that you should read.

Teaching tech built a low rider. Do you plan on doing the same, or build the mpcnc (primo)?

We don’t have any firmware that does Auto level. We have Auto square, which gives each motor an endstop and adjusts each motor independently to make sure the X is square to the Y. That firmware is labeled “Dual”. If that is what you’re looking for, then the very beta version is here (for the MPCNC, not Low Rider):

https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/suites/4146048919/artifacts/106314291

1 Like

I apologize for the confusion I’m building the low rider version 2

We do have DualLR firmware, which is dual Z instead of dual X for the LR2.

https://github.com/V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder/suites/4146048919/artifacts/106314293

This does auto squaring Z (up), it auto squares XY by adjusting Y and allows for Z probe. This is still very much in beta.

The more stable version is to buy a skr pro 1.2 and run one of those.

Even more stable is to also use serial wiring, which drops the auto squaring, and not use the DualLR version…