Upgrades on stiffness

I’m planning on a new house with a shop by September 21, and wifey has already said I need to build a full sheet. I know Ryan is working on a lowrider update, but MAN could this sure fill the bill.

1 Like

As long as you buy from the V1 store!

Yes, I’m certain you could.

1 Like

It is a tight fit and the tubes are secured by M6 screws.

Just looking at this again… Is there any interference between the screws securing the horizontal tubes and your Z-Roller Tensioner pieces when your Z axis is low? I was wondering why they were inserted from the bottom rather than the top.

1 Like

That’s a good question :slight_smile: I think I inserted them from the inside and from the bottom to a clean look :grin:
Of course they could also be inserted from top and outside
In my case the screws never come in interference with the z rollers - my router sticks quite far out of the x carriage so my gantry never gets so low

1 Like

Parts are cut (not without problems) and anodized.
Can’t wait to put things back together and test.

9 Likes

Are you guys cutting these with single flute 1/8 bits? I’m just starting to play with aluminum but no where near the accuracy you guys are getting yet.

Neat! :sunglasses:

RobP, yes single flute 1/8 carbide, I tried HSS and that didn’t work well.

1 Like

It’s complete!

15 Likes

Really nice :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this. I just ordered my Aluminum material and hope to cut this next week.

Just a quick question how long did it take to do each piece?

Great! I wish you good luck and success with your upgrade project!
I think it took about 2h to mill each of these parts

Thanks, though now I’m a bit worried, my tool paths come out to about 25 minutes based on the speed you listed.

Time will tell.

25 minutes per side? Should be good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Rich, how do use automatic position finder on Estlcam? Does it require Estlcam to be used as the controller? Will it work with the Rambo board? I’ve tried to figure it but struggling.

LOL… It’s like 17 minutes for each piece. :slight_smile:

I don’t know how to use a Rambo board with Estlcam. I’m using an Arduino with CNC Shield

Rambo was only supported briefly for direct estlcam control. Christian decided it wasn’t worth the headache. You can still use estlcam to make the gcode, then just use repetier to send it to the rambo.

5 Likes

:scream::heart_eyes: i love this mod but the skills to make it are non existent. Have you thought in selling these? I could use 4