Updated Corner Parts

thanks

No its a complete re-design.

So which of these do I need to print? I know the knows with “M” on them are “Mirrored”…are they needed? When would one need the mirrored ones?

You need them all. The parts page has updated info. https://www.v1engineering.com/blog/parts/

So I just screwed the new build down (I wanted to wait for a new corner but it’s not coming anytime soon), this thing was ridiculously square. Has anyone else noticed this? I am easily under a 1/32" on the diagonals with no man handling it. Gunna fire it up soon and cut some StarBoard for a new printer build, I’ll have to make a video.

Nice!. The new pieces are more delicate to print, but more beautiful to look at :slight_smile:

in that position tips to print them ?
Thanks
Manuel

How do you mean more delicate? Mine printed with absolutely no issues what so ever. And, I’m printing them in PETG.

These things shouldn’t ever break. Got all my parts printed now, just waiting on the new Z axis, then I can get my pipes and put this thing together.

I mean it is more complex to print than the previous model
The delicate term had this sense.

(My English is not that good)

Gotcha…but again, I printed mine in PETG ( which is a notoriously difficult material to work with ) and it printed perfectly, first time.
And to boot, I printed all the parts on one bed. I know…risky, but I like to live on the edge. LOL

This new corner design rocks! I spent two nights trying unsuccessfully to get my frame square with the old design. A few pieces had cracked during assembly (quite possibly a cause of my difficulties squaring everything up) so I printed all new corners. WOW! I had the frame completely square within an hour, and they seem much sturdier.

Amazing job, both on the whole MPCNC design, and the new parts.

Jason

Awesome, thanks.

I can’t wait to try these. Bottom parts are printed. I’ve had two failures printing the top parts. The first attempt, a wire broke on my Y-axis. The second attempt, a wire broke on my Z-axis! It’s crazy, since I’ve had hours and hours of machine time with zero failures until trying to print these top corner parts, which are apparently cursed on my machine.

The second attempt was a more spectacular failure. Pictures attached for fun.

I just got everything cleaned up and am going for attempt #3.

Ah, finally success.

My corner parts are also finished.
Sadly I ran out of filament while printing my reinforcement parts for the corners. Filament will be delivered on saturday -.-"

Because my legs are a bit high the whole machine was very unstable, so I decided to build in a few more pipes. What do you think of this design? Should give some strenght in my opinion.

Edit: The new corner blocks seem to be a bit shorter, don’t they? The end of the pipe is now a bit over the edge of the corner… Did I something wrong?

The parts are smaller in one direction and slightly larger in the other. you didn’t do anything wrong, you can leave it or move your leg out 3mm tha take advantage of the larger axis.

The new corners work great, super easy to print, and “auto” square. next up is the new middle Z and that cool looking Zknob.

Now the corners are finished. Everything seems to be square now.

Also I get rid of the 0.1-0.2mm play on my rollers. Ready to print the new middle soon :slight_smile:

Hope to release the new center beta parts today to the brave ones who are willing to give them a try.

Looking forward to giving it a try today!!

Well, gotta get started on printing these. The neighbor kid running around like a nut with his dad constantly yelling his name and a stuck piece of conduit drove me past the breaking point and I used a hammer and a board to slap that conduit into the corner part. Dang glued joint failed and there’s no way its going back together square like that.

This design looks way easier to slide the conduit into and assemble.