Truck Squaring

How are the bolts in the “Truck Squaring” section of the Primo manual supposed to be tightened? The nut labeled A is blocked from a socket by the head of bolt B. The nut labeled C is blocked by a stepper. Both nuts are blocked from using a crescent wrench by the slanted wall of the 3D printed truck. What am I doing wrong?

I think I remember wedging a flat bladed screw driver in between the nut and the sidewall of the print.

1 Like

I took a open end wrench at an angle, just catches the flats on the nut.

2 Likes

I modified a small junky wrench to work.

1 Like

Still work in progress but modified the trucks to have a hex recess that captures the bolt end so you dont need a wrench on that side. also added a set screw you can tighten to square up the trucks independent of tightening the bearings.

2 Likes

Do you have a picture of the semi encapsulated side that holds the hex? Also, how and where does the setscrew go that you talk of. inquiring minds want to know……

Sure! The hex bolt encapsulation part works pretty good. not sure about the set screw yet but the goal was tighten that set screw and it pushes against the rail to square the trucks independently of bearing tension. if you look at my actual photo instead of CAD pictures there was supposed to be a set screw on either side but i forgot it wouldnt be able to print the bottom one without supports.

1 Like

Nice. I really like the hex recess. Too bad I just printed all new trucks.

Oh… I thought this was a thread on US vs Euro trucks…