Tool mount for Makita RT0700C on Burly F 25mm. I am confused

Nice!! Thanks for the heads up, then I’ll wait a little :wink:

Got the front half redesigned. Printed a small bit of it to confirm fit, now printing the whole thing. The notch is for alignment, keeps the router from spinning. It slots into the groove visible on the pic of the router.

1 Like

And back designed for C, so far. Once I’ve printed a set and can confirm everything lines up and fits as expected I’ll post them to my thingiverse page.

3 Likes

Files are posted but not verified for fit yet. I’ll update when they’ve been tested. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4017521

Edit: Front half fits just fine. Back half is another 2 hrs to finish printing, but it should be fine as long as the top of the router doesn’t conflict (that’s why it’s angled like that)

2nd edit: Back half fit is good too. Don’t forget to use supports for the hinge sections. The rest don’t need them.

2 Likes

Is the holes for fitting to the pipes aligned with the original design holes?

The top and bottom bolt holes do, yes. there’s an extra one for the middle, recommended but not strictly necessary.

Did you think I’d move them just to be contrary? :smiley:

Yes I did. :grin:

Just checking and trying to figur out how much rework is needed.

Slight glitch. The cam doesn’t close with the existing front piece. I moved it slightly and it should work now but if you printed the front part already I can provide longer cam links.

I haven’t printed anything. I’m a little tied up with this covid19 virus.

That’s the best time to be printing everything! :smiley:

It is.
But I am working from home and need to clear some space and Working next to the printer many hours is not as ideal as one should thing

Move the printer to your kitchen. :wink:

Or put it on a stone/cement slab. It’s amazing how silent it becomes!

I used squash balls to make feet for it. Combined with TMC2209s it’s very quiet. Can watch TV in the same room as it and it’s barely noticeable.

1 Like

2 Likes

Have added the tmc2208 to my tornado and delta kossel. The tornado also had rubber balls as feets.

But the fans :frowning:

The Prusa mini is amazing. I really like the design and small footprint. Now I am just waiting for firmware update to make it wireless.

I use 40mm fan for the hotend, so it’s quieter, and a 5015 for parts cooling but most of my printing is petg so I keep it at 40%. The board is cooled by dual 80mm fans turned way down.

Also a tornado or?

Self-built Hypercube BLV Fusion. About 60% self-designed or modified from other sources.

Nice.
I have never tried petg but have a role.
Maybe I should give it a try for your clamp.