Time for a new shirt, suggestions

Not “security”, same font but the word “crew” on the back, Little V1 logo on the front.

[attachment file=72589]
Maybe “V1 CREW”

crew-men-s-t-shirt.jpg

Ah, I see. Thumbs up.

I like “Official Volunteer Engineer” or a top down view of the MPCNC carving out CREW

2 Likes

Sorry about the picture of the computer screen, I’m currently brawling with electronics.

1 Like

Is it weird that I want this screenshot on a shirt?

Electronics brawling heavyweight champion!

I like it. I will have to mess with some designs I guess.

I’m just waiting… And I’ll have to figure out how to get the pocket added. :wink:

Not a T-Shirt idea, but I have something I want in my hand, right now! I’m working on a layout of my low rider control box, and I can never find my square.

A “Hella Square”. Have you seen the PCB rulers from digikey or adafruit? Ryan, you should make a V1 square, with measurements on each side, maybe even a triangle. Make it a PCB, get it red from one of the PCB shops. No need for any actual circuitry. Maybe in V2. Perfect is the enemy of good. Something in the <100mm size or so.

I want that.

For inspiration: https://www.adafruit.com/product/1554

Maybe it’s got holes for M3, M3.5, M4, and #6-32. If you made a huge one, you could put 23.5mm, 25mm, and 25.4mm. Haha.

What else? The series wiring diagram? gcode cheat sheet? G92 X0 Y0 Z0? MPCNC Size calculator?

1 Like

More inspiration: https://www.woodpeck.com/measuring/squares/6-carpenters-square-red-with-inch-graduations.html (Hopefully you can come in a bit under $80 for a PCB square).

Since you’re busy with the holidays, maybe it’s some sort of forum submission or something? People can make graphics, submit in svg or something, and you can pick and choose what to add to the square? I trust you to get it right, but I also know you’re busy.

It would be awesome if it ended up being something you could carve/cut on an MPCNC…

YESSSSSSSS, Yessss.

Public fusion 360 file, github svg? That would be too fun. Then a who’s square is most square.

Not fusion, please :). I was imagining you making a rough outline, and then people just posting svgs or dxfs right here in the forums. Then you select what you like and collect it all into a final design that could live anywhere. Presumably easyeda has a way to make different svgs or dxfs into top, bottom, it outline layers.

You’ll still make pcbs and sell them though right?

Yes, no, Keep trying?

Back
[attachment file=80881]

Front
[attachment file=80882]

1 Like

Needs a few more characters to balance the logo. “Official Crew”, “Certified Crew”, “Build Crew”, “V1 Crew” might be enough but the V1 repeat might look bad.

Or maybe it’s the typeface used for the word “CREW”…your logo and the typography within are as a whole a graphic unit. You can break from that typeface safely and it’ll look good. Try something bold or extra bold in a sans serif. Arial Black, Helvetica Black etc…

How about “Did you try the crown?” on the side or something… Just kidding

2 Likes

Welp, gonna have to break out Gimp and Poser/Daz3d tonight now… :wink:

Hmm, okay. I tried a few things and one had the logo embedded in the font but it didn’t work with my font. So I will go try the standard bold font typically used for “security, staff, crew” type shirts.

V1 Engineering

MPCNC

It Will Carve.

Then use one of the plotter pics as a graphic.