Thoughts on this type of drag knife

Hey everyone. Really hoping to get more shop time for my own sanity. That being said some of the items I have planned will take a drag knife. What are your thoughts on Router mounted ones as well as 3d printed.

This is the one I have in mind right now Drag Knife

I have no experience with drag knifes myself, I have seen similar drag knives being used to cut leather and fabric with good results.

Why not just try it? What are you going to cut with the knife?

Cardboard for the moment make some templates. In the future probably some stencils out of foam or the like.

I saw this video the other day,

The small ones Ryan sells have a tiny turn radius so it’s pretty easy to work with them.

@Peacester , I always wanted to make a tangential cutter like this:

But that may be a little more work than you want to do.

1 Like

I did some playing with a needle cutter earlier this year, which works well for stuff like foam board and cardboard. Not difficult to build, and effective enough.

I.also have a drag knife which I haven’t used as much as I thought I would, and a laser which I use a lot more than I thought I would.

1 Like

I use the drag cutter as many do. I made some t shirts for the kids and some stickers. Works well. Need a flat surface is all. That cutter should work well. It depends on what you want to do. That cutter will cut through where the dragknife in the shop will not (if adjusted properly!)