The core

I have a very reliable Cura 5.0 setup that has printed a majority of the parts. I’m starting the core. Please keep Mr. Ender in your thoughts for the next 25 hours.

13 Likes

Keep it up! Looking good! About 10 hours to go!

6 Likes

Just did mine yesterday, 31 hours but came out absolutely perfect first go. Ryan put together some good models!

2 Likes

Took 13 hours on the Repeat printer, 0.3333mm layers, 2 perimeters, 40% adaptive cubic infill. Just for reference. I think some people managed even faster.

1 Like

23 hours 35 minutes. I’m not pushing the speed or thickness - I have plenty of time. But it is nerve-racking to trust that adhesion, spool, heat block, etc. will behave for 24 hours of printing.

6 Likes

Mine are running 7.5 hours. 0.5mm nozzle saves almost 2x time of a 0.4 for me.

1 Like

Looking great!!

Just got mine finished. 21 hours 6 minutes on an old stock adimlab cr10 clone, 0.32 layer with 0.4 nozzle, 40mm/s travel, 5 perimeters, 40% adaptive cubic infill, small brim. It’s possibly the nicest print I’ve ever had.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Here is proof you do not need a big 3D printer. My Prusa mini+ finished a low rider 3 core today.

12 Likes

That is an awesome picture! May I share it on Instagram and Twitter, or would you and tag me in it? I think it makes the core look massive. :smile:

2 Likes

This is exactly what I needed to see! Prusa mini gang! I need start printing my upgrade parts.

2 Likes

it’s all yours. I posted it so everyone could see you do not need a huge 3D printer to do this. I actually had 1 or 2 mm to spare :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

See, I asked the same thing in Offtopic a day ago and found out you have to disable the skirt. Thanks for the proof. :smiley:

Yes, No skirt and no brim. cross fingers and let her rip. It seemed pretty stuck to the bed when done. so there was more than enough surface area to hold it securely.

1 Like

It was a challenge to watch, and it was stressful every time I checked to make sure there wasn’t a bird nest awaiting me. But Ender pulled through! Best of luck!

That’s worth tagging #prusalive on twitter!

30+ hours. However, love how it turned out!

6 Likes

Already you have a machine you can be proud of! Nice print.

2 Likes

Me too!

That printer is DIALED

2 Likes