TFT35 odd issues

What’s causes a screen to go crazy? This is the second time today this has happened…

Is it something I’m doing wrong or a problem with the screen/board? I still have the random issue with the z steppers falling during homing on occasion that I need to fix. Just wasn’t sure if this could be related or if it’s something else. Thanks!!

Haven’t touched it and program is still running. Once’s it’s done I will restart it and everything will be fine again. For a while at least lol

Static electricity is not your friend.

The TFT link is kind of prone to that kind of problem. The communication over the 10 pin grey cables talks.to the TFT, and static electricity can garble the screen. If it gets bad enough it can scramble the data from the SD card which is bad.

Many people have found that runnig a grounded bare copper wire down the dust collection hose helps greatly. I have also found that an application of something like static guard (used for laundry) helps, but do not get that stuff on your controller mainboard or TFT electronics. I can’t think it would do good things. Stick to the plastic pieces around your tool mount and dust collection.

Ok i can see that being a cause. Good thing (for this anyways) is the SD Card slot in the screen wont read to the board so nothing to worry about there. I always run off of the little sd on the main board.