TFT E3 v3.0.1

hi i need help

i currently using this firmware GitHub - ercoleg/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware: support TFT35 V1.0/V1.1/V1.2/V2.0/V3.0, TFT28, TFT24 V1.1 on my tft E3 v3.0 but it has a crack and i bought a new one and i’ve receive a tft E3 v3.0.1 and try to install the same firmware but it dosen’t install it correctly

For the E3 V3.0.1 I guess you will need a different firmware file. This should be the file BIGTREE_GD_TFT35_V3.0_E3.* which is not included in the repo you referred to. To be sure you can check what is printed on your TFT processor. If it starts with a GD then you will be sure.

Best is to use the V1 firmware. Ryan has just released a new version today.

im a bit of a nub
ive try to put the files on a sd card
BIGTREE_GD_TFT35_V3.0_E3.
TFT 35 folder
and the config file

1 Like

And? What happens?

Have you checked whether you‘ve got this GD processor on your TFT?

And you will need the bmp and font folder within the tft35 folder.

it has the stock menu and setting
and yes is GD processor
in the las config
i had the spindel control
do i have to do a new config with the old setting ?

That’s ok, this is as expected. This also means that you’ve successfully flashed your TFT. If you look at your SD card again, just to be sure that the flash process was successful, the file extensions should have changed to ‘*.cur’.

yes is GD processor

Good. That is exactly what happened to me. I can’t remember how often I had tried to flash the firmware until I realised that the GD processor needed a different file.

in the las config i had the spindel control

It may well be that ercoleg (the owner of your old firmware repo) changed the menu structure. If you’d like to get exactly this look and feel again, the only way is to ask them to update their firmware for the GD processor.

do i have to do a new config with the old setting ?

Difficult to say. The config file will have changed in the last 3 years. But from what I understand so far the menu structure cannot be changed via the config file. You may want to try the Marlin mode instead and see whether this suits you better.

ok thx ill see if he or she still active
to ask him to helpme change the firmware