Table suggestions

Hey guys.
I’m looking to build myself a table for a lowrider V3 build soon.
Is there any recommendations or “I wish i had ofs” that anyone has?
I was thinking about mounting the lowrider itself on 2 strips down each side of the table, and then having the center section a replaceable spoilboard the same height as the strips on each side. So that the spoilboard doesnt take up any of the Z axis travel.
Is there any way of knowing how wide the machine footprint is on each side of the spoilboard without building it and measuring first?
Cheers

On this calculator page, there is a link to this graphic: https://docs.v1engineering.com/img/lr3/LR3%20Dims.jpg

I dropped that image into a 3D model of my LR2 table, and used it to make some calculations on converting my LR2 table to an LR3 table, while still being able to fully address 4’x8’ sheets, finally realizing that I needed to widen by 1" or so (I used 25mm) my proposed LR3 gantry over what is shown in the image, and also realizing that it would require me to “fly” my belts out away from the table, using custom designed tensioner “wings” attached to my super struts. My LR2 table design and later LR3 mods are detailed on these pages:

Also, I made a video showing how I used SketchUp to combine the 2D image and my 3D model:

Also…
My custom designed tensioner wings are available on Printables here:

LowRider 3 CNC - table extenders to use LR2 table (with metal struts) with LR3 - endstop/tensioner supports

1 Like

This is what I did, and it seems to work just fine.

Definitely check out the calculator in the guide — I’m having to make revisions to my build plans as the available cut are was a tad less than I’d initially guessed… my 40” wide outfeed table would yield a usable width of 27”. I’m now working through an idea for wings

Already seen Cost and Weight smart table designs that would make MacGyver proud ?

1 Like

Here is a link to the printed extenders I designed to fly my tensioner blocks out in the air in the x-axis direction.

https://www.printables.com/model/220187-lowrider-3-cnc-table-extenders-to-use-lr2-table-wi

Wooden wings or metal wings can certainly work too. I used printed just because I like how it went with my super strut channels.