Starting my build in Texas

Glad you found what you were looking for. I at first thought you meant the MPCNC picture. I believe it was shared by Ryan in an old mrrf thread.

I keep wanting to put the pen back on and get some big sheets of paper to make giant coloring book pages. I think the MPCNC is undersold as a plotter!

I showed some pen drawings to a friend and he said, “So, you 3D printed a 2D printer?”. :cry:

7 Likes

I’d consider that person an ‘acquaintance’.

True friend would have reverberated your enthusiasm to help elevate the natural high :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Actually you 3D printed a (2D) plotter what isn’t that bad. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

And it’s an LR, so another driver and some clever CAM, and he could be plotting some truly epic banners on rolls of butcher paper…

1 Like

FWIW, he couldn’t bring me down. I love the texture of the pen and paper. I also know where it came from, which is why it is special.

This is the same friend that convinced me to buy my first printer. Definitely a friend. He knows I have an abundance of ego, and wouldn’t be hurt by it.

2 Likes

Now. If we can just get the pen rotation thingy from the other thread working.

Prusa had an april fools joke a while back where they were cooking on the MK3. With a LR2 or a big MPCNC you might have enough room to do it for real. You might still need a drop table, but you wouldn’t be cramped in a 250mm print volume.

Does your tool changer support pancake batter? There used to be a pancake printer at the maker faires.

3 Likes