Speakers

So i am slowly making an insulated room in my garage. In so doing I found it necessary to get rid of my hip high 1980s cerwin vegas. So now i need smaller speakers. I want to make my own, but parts express is so expensive (some days i really miss radio shack!!!) I searched amazon and either my searching let me down or i am not searching correctly. Anyone have a less expensive source to get speaker components??

2 Likes

Interested in the same solution, if anyone finds one. I used to make speaker systems all the time, but there seems to be nothing for makers these days. You either get the package deal, or you can get individual drivers that are crap and maybe 15W before they turn themselves into smoking craters.

For a few things that I don’t care about I’ve turned to cheap car speakers and making a decent enclosure for them, but even cheap car speakers these days are way spendier than I’d like.

So I found some stuff at newark. I almost bought it then i hesitated.

1 Like

Crutchfield has a good selection of quality audio components but prices may also be on the high end.

IMHO, this kind of thing doesn’t need to be in the lounge. There may be an expert lurker out there, just waiting for a topic they know really well, and they can’t see it here.

It didnt seem to fit anywhere else. Where would you have posted?

1 Like

I didn’t notice that this was in the lounge. Yeah, I agree with Jeff. I believe there are a few members that make speakers that are not Regulars so they would probably be able to give you some good advice. “Random or off Topic” would probably be a good place to move it.

1 Like

Shoot guess i never really paid attn that was there. Think i changed it. Thanks!q

2 Likes

The last time I built speakers, parts express was the only place to get components.