SKR Pro board X2 port not working

Hi, was looking for some help or information I have setup up the SKR Pro as per instructions and while testing I noticed the X2 motor was not turning after some fault finding
Changed leads
Changed stepper driver
Swapped x1 to x2 still nothing happening with the stepper motor plugged in to X2 ( third port back from opposite end of power cons).

It looks like the board is dead on that port?

All red led’s are on down that side.

I have tried everything I can think off different wires, removed the Molex case in case it was not making a proper connection but still no movement from any motor I plug in the X2 port with any stepper driver all others work fine.

Any ideas on anything I can try or is this just a dud board?

Any information would be great.

@madtaff I believe it would help if you uploaded some photos of your board.

If Y2 is also “dead” then there is a good possibility you have the wrong firmware installed on the board. You want V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209. Note the “Dual” in the title. If instead the board has V1CNC_SkrPro_2209 (note no “Dual”) then X2 and Y2 will not be driven by the firmware.

You do not need endstops to run “Dual” firmware.

Thanks will check tomorrow

Hi did the firmware update but did not think that was the issue as Y gantry runs on both motors and is smooth. Still the same issue after update the X2 port is not driving motor no matter what stepper driver i use they are all working as if i swap X1 driver with X2 X1 still works and nothing on X2? pics of board supplied

@vicious1

have already tried all fault finding as i would with any other ramps stepper controller board i have

tried swapping all stepper drivers - all work in all other ports except port for X2

Tried different cables still does not fix issue

swapped x1 with x2. x1 motor now plugged in to x2 stops working and x2 now plugged in to x1 starts working so not stepper motor

removed molex so pins exposed in case no contact on x2 no difference.

re loaded dual SKR pro firmware still no difference x2 still dead.

done all the fault finding i can think of but issue still occurs.

thanks

Steve

In these photos, there is no TMC driver in the X2 slot.

The bottom driver location should be empty, particularly with the cables connected as in the top picture. There is no stepper.driver connected to the X2 channel.

On the SKR Pro, there are 7 motor connectors. The 4th one has jumpers on it by default, because it is to put 2 Z motors in series, which we aren’t doing. Ignore that one.

For the others they correspond to the stepper drivers 1 for 1. You have TMC drivers in slots 1, 2 3, 5 and 6 (no 4 aka X2) and you have motors plugged into 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

If you set extruders=1 in the firmware, I think that takes over #4, but it is disabled in the default firmware. I suggest that you take the TMC driver out of #6 and install it in the #4 slot.

2 Likes

Thank you very much i don’t know why i did not see that. Now i feel like a right noob lol.
All working now thanks for the help.
go hide in my workshop now :slight_smile:
thanks
Steve

2 Likes

Your not the first and I’m probably next so no worries. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

1 Like

LOL yeah I was totally confused by the jumpers on the 4th port have to say though up and running and blown away by how good it is did my first cutting yesterday and worked amazingly even with the size i have built the CNC 850 X 850 cutting area.

2 Likes