SKR 1.3 Endstop weirdness

I’m upgrading Lowrider from Ramps to SKR1.3+TMC2209
I use V1CNC_Skr1p3_DualLR_2209-2.0.7.2 firmware with few small modifications
Sensorless homing on X and Y tested and works well.
But while making Z endstops working I stumbled upon something I think is not right.
Here’s what I got in the Firmware:

#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define Y_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define X_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define Y_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define Z_MAX_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false
#define Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false

#define Z_MIN_PROBE_PIN Z_MAX_PIN

Nothing plugged into endstop PINs and M119 gives me this output:
22:47:33.846 : x_min: open
22:47:33.847 : y_min: open
22:47:33.847 : y_max: TRIGGERED
22:47:33.847 : z_min: TRIGGERED
22:47:33.847 : z2_min: open
22:47:33.847 : z_probe: TRIGGERED

Am I missing something? A bug or faulty board?

The LR firmware is coded to home up, not down on Z. Switching that messes a couple things up. Did you change the Z_HOME_DIR?

To get auto squaring on the Z, you need one endstop at each end. But to probe, you want one pin to set the Z.

So I configured it to home up and then use the zmin pin to probe with G38.2.

I didn’t try it for sensorless homing. I think anttix was working on that though.

I know you did.
I’ve change it to Home to Zmin and it’s not sensorless in my setup , only X and Y are.
I did change Z_HOME_DIR and I actually got everything working, but I had to invert those endstops which were showing triggered to TRUE in Firmware.

I suspect I may have gotten defective board per the behavior I described in the original post.
I also found I can’t make XMAX endstop to trigger, while YMAX (as Z2 endstop) triggers just fine.

IDK, there is plenty of room for config mistakes still :slight_smile:

Which pin is z2_min set to? Xmax?
Did you remove the sensorless homing pins on the drivers?
Can you make them switch from open to triggered or back at all?

I can switch them from open to close by changing ENDSTOP_INVERTING to true on those connectors and they are working as expected after that.
I initially set z2_min to Xmax, but I found I cannot trigger that particular set of pins, so I switched it to Ymax and it’s working.
Between Xmax not working and 3 sets of pins defaulting to TRIGGERED I suspect hardware.

You need to cut or bend one of the pins onI have the 1.3 board, but to get my endstops working I had to bend a pin on the 2209s. It was explained that they were either endstops or sensorless. The attached picture was from the company I bought my bo.ard.

Mark, I did bent PINs on the 2209s which drive Z axis steppers.

I had to bend the pin for the X & Y drivers to get the x & y min endstops to change when triggered.

I use sensorless for X and Y, so I understand I need those pins.
YMax triggers in this case if I assign it to be Z2_min, by XMax doesn’t :frowning: