Site, Forum, Ryan - opinions and concerns

I am not offended, only disappointed.
many things are piling up that are flags to me, this is not for me, that’s all.

“They” don’t exist. Ryan runs the store, pays for the forum and ultimately has the keys to the forums. I, Tom, many others are just frequent users. I am the closest thing to a mod, but I can’t actually just delete a post. I can only flag it (which hides it for other users), but Ryan has to choose what to do with it.

My guess (I am not in charge here) is that it will stay up, assuming it doesn’t get completely derailed into inflammatory name calling and trolling.

I appreciate the criticisms. There are many topics where we openly discuss this and intelligently debate the merits of other solutions. That’s the community we all want.

What is different about your rant is the inflammatory wording and lack of understanding.

If you want to leave, go ahead. I won’t stop you.

I honestly think you have a bad experience with a few easy mistakes and thought this was like any other forum or product out there. But we do things differently here. We are actually trying to help. And now you have at least three people’s expert attention.

1 Like

Morning everyone!

@DingBEN looks like you have a few things specifically directed towards me and the way things are set up around here. Please feel free to directly message me. No sense in talking to a crowd that does not have the ability to make the changes you are looking for.

I will message you directly now so you can talk to me. Most of this is off topic to this thread so hopefully we can agree on some posts to remove for future clarity without fear of censorship.

1 Like

@ttraband
what you say is not actually what happened, and I thought I explained my issue and how I decided to circumvent it, then suggest a mod fix it.
But there is more to it. Earlier in the exchanges that gave me doubt… and I do not want to enter into a debate about it… it’s moot, now.
Thank you.

The automated message is more rude than anything I said: LMAO!!!

…perhaps take that lesson from my walking away… and realize that a robot or canned exchange is bound to fail the scenario at hand.

…and now from Jebb answer, I know it took only one person to knock the pins down… was not 100% robotic nor a very wide consensus. LOL

so, fix that… good luck! that is a nifty piece of AI to code!

I go in peace! Hugh!
…I will read anything that I saw pop up in the top left corner as I was typing.

Ryan,
I am returning to you a message you should like.

It is unfortunate you took the advice of one of the children and closed the thread, it makes it hard for me to thank Dan SupraGuy, but no harm done, you can do that for me.
I am sending you the message via the discourse@v1engineering.com. from my inbox, simply because it is easier for me to track… I do not have to come here and login to cross-reference threads etc… all in my organized mail tool.

So, keep an eye on the above inbox… it will be there soon.

UPDATE - Tue Aug 10th, 16:30:
sorry, I have pressing stuff that just cascaded on me, I must defer my response to at least a few days, of which 1 has already gone by… could be a week.

Take your time, I am helping with my girl’s spine surgery.