Shop Updates (originally Decided to move)

Duh! Atlanta, HQ of Coca-Cola… Primary reason “Coke” is the default cola in the South. That, and it just tastes better…

They’re all soft drinks anyway. I listened to two guys argue about whether it was soda or pop or even soda pop before I just told them they were all soft drinks (during my very brief stay in Pittsburgh). And that strip of ground between oncoming lanes in major roads? Those a neutral grounds. As in, neutral grounds for the Indian Tribes to meet and discuss neighborhood issues without actively fighting each other.

And they aren’t “hoagies”, “subs”, or heaven forbid “grinders”… They’re po’ boys. And if you don’t have good, crispy french bread, might as well have bologna and Velveeta on Wonder bread with Miracle Whip (eww, never understood putting that nastiness on sandwiches).

Back on topic, those yard structures are looking good! I’m an indoor guy myself, but I appreciate that there are people who actually like working outside…

1 Like

I couldn’t remember if Coke was a more Southern thing or just Texas. I do think it’s more Southern in general.

That strip of grass between the lanes on a Freeway is the median.

1 Like

On the highway/interstate? Sure, those are medians. But on avenues, they’re neutral grounds…

Dang… and just when I was beginnin’ to like you… :wink: :astonished:

In my neck of the woods, DrPepper is without doubt, king of the hill. And whut the heck you got against bologna, Velveeta, and Miracle Whip??? Those were everyday lunch stufff at my house when I was growing up… when I was a kid.

4 Likes

Coke being the default soda is completely a southern thing just like all tissues are Kleenex. The word “soda” is also acceptable and in most cases won’t get you a confused look in return – but never ever “pop”. Pepsi is also not acceptable cause that stuff is just nasty.

1 Like

But it was born in New Bern NC.

Which just helps to solidify that everything from the North is bad for you :slight_smile:

I grew up mostly in Alaska, so I don’t really have a dog in this fight. I call it soda. Also mtn dew sugar free is just plain nasty. Tried it today. You can really taste the aspartame in it. Had a many great grandpa in the northern army during the civil war.

Wrestling with the concept of North Carolina being in “the north”…

Sure, it’s no Winterfell, but it’s up there… :dragon: :wolf:

1 Like

It’s more North than South Carolina :slight_smile:

But you’re right. I guess technically it’s south.

But nicknamed ‘The Old North State’

Do yo have a link to the can holder part?

Where’s East Virginia?

Not sure how useful the part would be. I used scrap material so the shelves aren’t the same depth as the side walls. My part has a bump out to fill in the gap. If I have some extra time I’ll remix it without the bump and put it up on thingiverse.

Can you post the part as is? I can play around with it and let you know if I need another version.

Sure. It really should just be a matter of knocking off the bump on the back so that it’s flat on the side the shelves are on.

Thanks!

@niget2002 I have Googled greenhouse mods a bit but I’m not planning on anything other than what we’ve done so far. We started with a concrete patio that was nearly large enough, so instead of burying the foundation it’s screwed down to the concrete. That, of course, raises the whole thing by several inches, so I’m planning on putting a floor in, using 2x6 joists that pretty much sit on the concrete and plywood on top of that.
We got the doors hung today, those and the vents are the first foray into plexiglass. Tomorrow we’ll hopefully get most of the rest of the sides and roof filled in. IIRC I counted a quarter bazillion panels and a few more than bazillion of those little clips…

When I was looking at putting one in I was going to raise it up on pressure treated 2x6’s and put it on pavers. Then I was going to bring in a couple of inches of mulch for something soft to walk on.