RPI on RAMBo 1.4

The common way to do this is:

• Rambo gets 12V from the kastar.
  • Pi is connected via USB to rambo. This won’t send any significantl power either way across that USB cable. This is just for communication.
  • Pi needs power. A USB wall wart (with enough current, like 1.5A) is fine.

Alternatively, you can connect the 5V converter to the kastar and the pi. But as Tom mentions, if you get in trouble and want to unplug the kastar to stop the rambo, you will also abruptly kill the pi.

I think the kastar can handle that pi load. That’s how I have mine set up and it doesn’t complain. I have a separate switch wired between the kastar and the rambo to kill just the rambo.

I was going to suggest this but was afraid my post was getting hard to follow.

i’ve also built a case housing both my pi and rambo and was looking to do the same thing. i just wanted to clarify a few bits for the sake of due diligence. to start - are these the proper labels for the pins?
serial connection
(looking at the schematic i can’t tell which direction the pins are physically oriented);
and if so, is there just the one 10k ohm or do i need the 15k in the picture as well for a full voltage divider?
and finally, besides enabling it in the config, is there anything else required here?