Rocky Mountain RepRap Festival 2023

Oh, sorry did not realize it was northern!

1 Like

That drive would be no fun but probably less stressful than shipping. Hopefully we get a west coast RRF at some point, then I would drive for sure.

2 Likes

For people with enough time to drive from the West…

Driving through Salt Lake City stopping off at Bonneville Salt Flats for a spirited drive can be fun. Recommend thoroughly washing salt off the car at Monkey Shine Car Wash after you’re done setting PR’s, drifting, donuts and such…

I70 drive along Colorado River through the Rocky’s is a fun drive too, mainly because there’s lots of great scenery to appreciate. Lots of interesting stops for pics and hikes like Loveland Pass at the Continental Divide.

For west coast folks that miss Fry’s, consider checking out Microcenter in Denver, in the meantime, can virtual tour their store.

4 Likes

Late april will be the tail end of the ski season and the beginning of the muddy season. Make sure you have the right gear before hiking a pass in those conditions in Colorado.

We have taken the california zephyr Amtrak train both ways from denver to San Fransisco. It is a beautiful journey, for sure.

1 Like

Looks like Salt Flats would be muddy too. Went in Aug, but missed yearly Speed Week unfortunately.

In case you missed it, I am documenting my ZXY table here: Table Top ZenXY - #2 by jeffeb3

1 Like

Some RMRRF info in here. Fun video anyway.

4 Likes

Almost ready. 6 screws and a belt. Then I need to figure out the belt to table interface, maybe some sort of hook or just some clamps. I plan on 3m pull to release tape for the rail.

8 Likes

Building a printer and a LR back to back I have to say the cnc’s are at least 2x as easy to build. There are no delicate, funky steps until final steps of mounting it to the table. Where the printer, it feels like every step is touchy to get it perfect.

4 Likes

Black couplers, black screws. That screams fashion! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Already considered a front grill with V1E Engineering text and logo, a self marketing machine? :wink:. Wish I moved text more to the right so fully visible when homed.

Edit: And/or product name.

2 Likes

As much as I love my logo at the show there is a lot of them. Hopefully I will set it up to draw an ISO view of an LR3, with a RMRRF logo, and a V1 Logo on the page. So that kinda gets one right on the machine. Speaking of, I have to remember to draw the logo’s first, then the ISO view. That way the logo is always on the page.

4 Likes

Yea, some C clamps would probably work.

Sexy!

Anyone bringing an IDEX?

1 Like

I can’t bring mine, and I don’t think any others have been built yet. But in time I am hoping it becomes a thing…

4 Likes

Allllllllmost ready.

6 Likes

I even broke my vow of printed support celibacy and printed 4 parts using it…YUK!

I share your pain, but have to say that PrusaSlicer Organic supports have given me a whole new way of thinking.
They are not going to take over and I’m not going to “design for supports” but I thought I’d try them on this tricky little sucker and wow… just wow!

TomTom620 Hood

4 Likes

I’d use white erase board so you can erase the drawing each time instead of using a lot of paper.

2 Likes