Repositioning capibility

Hello, I have a question about repositioning. I have a LR2 and have been using it for a while now. Its 5’x10’ (1524mmx3048mm). I am needing to downsize but still want to be able to use 4x8 sheets. I am wanting to make it 5’x5’ and use repositioning to accommodate the full sheets. I am thinking of making a reference mark on the sheet, homing the axes, moving the sheet to its new location, then restarting on the reference marks. I am thinking I would need z,x and y switches as well as a new mother board. if anyone has tried this or is interested lets talk.

1 Like

You really want a 5-driver board and endstops for this capability. If your current board supports 5 drivers, then it is likely you can make it work without replacing your board.

As for movement of the oversized stock, the way I did it (once on my Primo), and the way I’ve seen it done in YouTube videos, is to use indexing pins.

After homing the machine, I’d route a few holes down each edge of the spoil board at known locations with respect to the machine origin, and all the same distance apart. You would then approximately align your stock and have index holes bored just through the stock at some of the same distances. After boring, you would pin the board to the holes in the spoil board. You can slide the stock to new holes and 1) it will be aligned with the table, and 2) move a known distance for your CAM work.

Thanks, that’s the info I was looking for…