Relief from COVID boredom-Build a CNC!

Hi Everyone!

My son and I were looking for something to do this winter and came across the V1 Engineering website. I am a VEX Robotics coach and he is a 9th grade VEX Student. We have been shut down due to COVID and really wanted to build ourselves a new robot…and here we are!

I wanted to thank Ryan and his team for such a great design and for your store. I clicked order and my parts were here before I turned around, I swear! I also wanted to thank all of you on the forums here for providing so many answers to our questions. I have been lurking here for some time now and this is a great group of people helping others build some really great things!

We are CNC newbies, but have a lot of projects lined up for this beauty. It seems to be spot on with the plotting. We have penned several size tests and are finding it to be very accurate. We tried milling for the first time the other night and it looks great! There is definitely a learning curve with the CAM software but I think we will get it.

The wiring needs a home yet so that is next on the list. My daughter is also telling me she wants to build a 3D printer…so next up, the MP3DP!

Thank y’all again, this stuff is just awesome!

13 Likes

Welcome to the crew!

A family project, boredom killer, and a little learning mixed in. I really feel like I got something accomplished today, :wink:

4 Likes

You did! Thanks again for sharing your work with us. This is a very cool machine and we have had a great time building it!

1 Like

She is gonna love it (and how do you think I know :wink: )

2 Likes

I’ve been watching that thread…very cool stuff! What a project!

Both of your printers turned out great! I teach tech ed and every now and then a student will propose a project like this. I think the V1 community here is a great place to have them land.

3 Likes