Questions from a Newb, Tube, Infill, Power supply

Clean is nice.

Paste wax makes for a reasonable sealer. I have a small jar of tool wax from Lee Valley Tools that I got for the tablesaw and intended to use on the Primo, but haven’t yet. I gave the steel a quick wipe with a rag that had a bit of light mineral oil on it. That was in August 2020, and haven’t really done anything other than wipe chips and sawdust off since.

1 Like

Thanks Dan thats great I was actually looking at LeeValley last night and found they had a few options one was a spray for saw tops and stuff and was pretty expensive and one was a LeeValley brand that looks good and is much cheaper, Might give it a try.

One more question I have the Dewalt 660 I got cheap off Facebook and plan to start with that as my router but would there be any issues running this spindle weight wise? Other thoughts on Spindle vs the 660?

The DeWalt 660 spec sheet says that hte weight is a little less than the Makita RT0701C that I’m using. I’ve bought tools from many different brands, but I’ve never been disappointed when I buy Makita. Anyway, that’s what I use, and the mass isn’t a problem. I can’t see why the DeWalt would be.

Sorry Dan my question was not very clear I see now. What I meant to ask was would there be any issue with the 800w Air cooled Spindle and its weight.
It looks like I might have found the answer to my own question as I stumbled onto this thread in the forum about this topic.

Yeah, sort of realized that after…

I think that the machine is capable of lifting a fair amount more than it does. Even more if you’re willing to go to a 1 start threaded rod.

1 Like