Questions about the MP3DP

Hello! I’m looking to build a MP3DP, and have a couple questions do decide if it’s the printer for me. Is it compatible with an MMU like the Voron ERCF? How fast can it print? How large of a print bed do I need to 3d print the parts? About how expensive would it cost to make one? Thank you!

1 Like

I haven’t made one myself, but if you read a little bit in the forum all those questions are answered. Ryan has just released a tutorial on how to scale the router (MP3DP v4 - V1 Engineering Documentation), Doug and Dan (MP3DP v4 - Aza's build) have both made extensive posts about how to scale the build as well as posting a BOM. If you read through those two threads, all your questions are going to be answered in detail.

1 Like

I don’t have concise precise answers for you, currently. Still figuring out as well. Speeds are still being explored by people. Quality, speed, size and cost will vary depending on parts used, build and assembly approach/quality. For example, my assembly won’t be as precise as other folks, so am unlikely to get the numbers they’re seeing.

We do know these can be built cost effective and reliable enough machines to run at least one CNC business, likely other people’s businesses too?