Print Specs?

I was following the recommendations listed here: MPCNC Primo Parts list - V1 Engineering Documentation

And I don’t understand why it’d print such a thick floor in a hole that shouldn’t have one?

Maybe the 0.4 first layer was overshooting and filled the hole?!
If you properly leveled your printer you can use finer first layers. How does the bottom surface look like on that printed part?

Yes, that’s what I’ve been trying to determine, whether it should be a thru hole or a blind hole (i.e. one with a ‘floor’).

Where did you get that screenshot?

That is a thru hole as you will put a screw through it to fasten the BottomM_CornerF2.STL onto it
The screen is of the respective part opened in Windows 10 Print 3D.
Did you calibrate your printer and did you properly print other parts already?
Cura shows you a hole in the bottom so something might be wrong with your printer settings.

1 Like

Filling a 23.5mm hole 7.9mm deep sounds like an awfully large caliber overshot.

The bottom surface looks like a series of mostly parallel lines I’ve seen on the bottom of a sample print that came on the printer’s SD card that printed with a brim although I’m fairly certain my print had no brim set.

What? I thought you were talking about the tiny hole in the bottom? So you mean the hole where you insert the EMT/tube?
Maybe overall support was enabled as well? And it filled the hole. :thinking:

Do you directly print from Cura or put the G-Code file onto a SD card and that into your printer?
Can you please make us a photo of the bottom surface?

The screen shot is correct open it in repester host and look at . The part you are printing that is. The part in picture goes on top of the leg and screws connects leg th top arm corners

2 Likes

But you said “That is a thru hole as you will put a screw through it to fasten the BottomM_CornerF2.STL onto it” so shouldn’t Cura show that hole?

As far as calibration, I printed a few samples that came on the SD card and did a 25mm square with a hole thru the center I did on Tinkercad which (and I need to find deburring to smooth the edge that was on the table) at most 00.1mm off.

I thought we speak about that tiny hole:

But it looks like you mean the big opening where the conduit is inserted?!

The screw in a 6-32. Or 4mm the bottom is closed except for the 4mm hole the floor is 7.9mm

I think Paul is talking about that hole:

There must not be any wall/floor/bottom…

Yes, the entire 23.5mm hole was filled to a depth of ~7.9mm, I put the G-Code onto an SD card, I hope this won’t be an issue as the only input the printer has is for a very ting SD card and I have no cable to tie that slot to a USB port.

I can’t seem to get a picture of the bottom that shows wha it really looks like

This is why we need pictures of the piece

1 Like

It is suppose to be

It is supposed to be 7.9 solid then the walls up its printin upside down

Are you saying the conduit hole is supposed to have a ~7.9mm thick floor with a small hole thru the center for a screw?

If so then it seems like it was doing what it was supposed to other than detaching itself from the bed.

2 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

Yea, that’s how it’s supposed to be printing. If it’s detaching from the bed, you might need to print on blue painters tape.

1 Like

It should come out like my screen shots show you or even your Cura shows you.
I do not see anything wrong except for minor settings/issues.
Maybe it did not stick to the bottom because it is not properly printing onto the bed and does not have good adhesion.
Thatswhy I was asking for a photo of the bottom surface.

I’m truly sorry if there was confusion but I thought beginning with “it was printing a blind conduit sized-hole and the floor looked quite thick” explained it. At any rate I appreciate the willingness of people willing to help a noob out!

Now, I wonder if I could print a bottle of good Scotch for later in the day?
:innocent:

1 Like