Portable Primo ~24in x 36in (PNW) / 3030 Aluminum Extrusion Adaptor

Can anyone share a pic or info on how they have the dual endstop wiring connected to a RAMBo board? I’m afraid to plug it in and fry my board, with the dual endstop wiring kit it’s confusing which wire is the signal and which is the negative and the connector can be plugged into the RAMBo either direction.

I have read Dual Endstops - V1 Engineering Documentation

It’s really hard to see in this photo but this is how I have them plugged into my RAMBo right now:

Here is a picture of my board:

Note that from this perspective, I use the left two pins on the bottom row, and the right two pins on the top row.

Here is a diagram oriented like the picture showing the end stop plugs:

43793a9aec593ef67204feb878f3984497aee060

Note how the signal pin is oriented differently on the Min vs. the Max rows of pins.

I’m afraid to plug it in and fry my board,

It is good to get this wiring right, but the Rambo board does have some protection on its pins, and it will survive if you wire it wrong…unlike say a Ramps 1.4 board.

1 Like

Thanks for putting my mind at ease! I just plugged it in this morning and connected to Repetier-Host this morning and nothing let the magic smoke out. With the M119 command all 4 axis switches are OPEN until depressed and then are all TRIGGERED, I haven’t connected the Z yet.

The next issue I am having is while homing the axis, I can home the y-axis individually through Repetier-Host and the z-axis attempts to home, however, the x-axis is trying to rip itself apart. The steppers are moving opposite directions. This also happens when trying to auto home through the Marlin interface itself. I can move each axis without issue otherwise, the steppers move with each other, this is only happening while homing. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I can confirm the rambo won’t blow up on the endstops being in the wrong position. I had one plugged in wrong once, and caught a stray alunimum chip in an open port the other time. Both occasions the board lcd went blank and the board restarted. I definitely got that sinking feeling, and maybe a little panic, but all is well and the board is still working 3 years later.

1 Like

Reverse o d of the motor plugs, the one that is trying to go backwards. Reversing the plug to the motor will reverse its direction

Is it trying to HOME or is it trying to lift 5mm? Lifting 5mm is normal behaviour so that it does not drag the tool.

The Primo should acrually only home downwards towards the work piece. Use a touch plate to set the tool zero height, ususlly to the top of the work.

I will try reversing, what I don’t understand is how it moves properly otherwise, I have been able to draw the crown with no problem…

Yeah, it lifts 5mm when homing the Y but not when trying to home the X, if I try to home the Z it moves towards the workpiece, I just cut power to it before the leadscrew hits the bottom.

Sorry, missed this. This is weird, since homing should use the same motor control as movement. Which firmware did you install? 513D is dual endstop for the Primo, 513DL is for the LowRider, might do sometning like this.

Just confirmed that 513D is installed