Philipp in wonderland

@RockinRiley Where are you located? I am sure if you googled “hardwood stores” you may find a few locations. Though, that all depends on if you are out in the boonies or not.

michigan, near the thumb.

try looking at these places up there: hardwood stores in michigan - Google Search],null,[43.29178099983634,-83.11127739355467],10]

I have learned in searching, use “lumber yard” or “hardwood.” Here in NC, there is a FB page called North Carolina Woodworkers. There may be something similar for you up there. The NC group had a map of where the stores were, as well as where mills and kilns are so if you can get a hold of a felled tree, they can cut it down into the planks you want and possibly get it dried for you if you don’t want to wait for the natural process.

Just some thoughts. I hope to not offend if you have already tried this. The more commercial/specialized they are, the more $$$ it may cost. We also have a few peeps that have their own mills in their back yard and will sell it on FB Market place, so you may get better deals there as well. Again, just some thoughts of where to get some good slabs, and not having to rely on the big box store crap wood to chose from.

there are a couple surprises there, but they are all flooring big box places for the most part.

Just be careful, I’m guessing that searching “lumberyard” and “hard wood” might get you different results, and difficulty explaining your browser history…

sorry to hear about that. I was hoping something close to you would “pop up!!”

1 Like

Well…if you separate hardwood like you have…I’m sure there would be a few surprises that would “pop up” and be hard to explain!!! HA!

1 Like

Oh boy, this is taking a turn I did not anticipate. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Then you haven’t been paying attention… :japanese_goblin: :clown_face:

1 Like