Newbie build, NV -> MI

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your contributions, the last month or so I have been doing a deep dive learning about the MPCNC. I haven’t been this excited or a long time, literally sleeping 5 hours a night because I cant stop working on it.

It looks like a lot of the build threads share their location. Just moved to Michigan from Nevada so adjusting to the midwest culture etc, quite the shock!

Stumbled upon this thread a few weeks ago about SLM metal core and decided ill try a SLA core printed from a very dense, ceramic resin (printed one on FDM as a backup but ~6 hours of machine time so far it seems fine): SLM printed Z-axis core

I have had some issues getting the machine square, I didnt take pictures or anything but I swear when I measured the feet posts it was very close to square (<1/32") but now that its all assembled im struggling to get it within 1/8" square (tightening the bolts to the point where the movement is hindered so I just left it). Luckily I’m using this to make crafting stuff for my wife so dimensional tolerances isn’t a concern.

Overall I am quite amazed at what the machine is capable. Videos from my phone seem to be too big file size to upload but this machine gets after it pretty good!

Again, thanks to everyone that has uploaded content, and of course to Ryan!

Matt

7 Likes

Very nice! SLA part is very interesting. Did you print that at home or was it a service or university lab?

1 Like

Nice, a new build and a project all in one!

1 Like

michigander here as well, welcome!

2 Likes

My work has a bunch of SLA machines and this resin has a fairly short shelf life so sometimes I get lucky and can print some parts on expirimg / expired resin!

2 Likes

Thanks! And thank you for all you have done!

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Cool and impressive! Thanks for posting!