New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

Will not work. You can use your old belt and pulleys with new idlers or just get the upgrade kit and don’t stress about possible issues.

1 Like

So 10mm idlers with the 6mm belt? Since I am in Germany the shipping would be quite a lot, trying to source the parts locally.

Without disputing what you’re saying at all, I would point out that many developers tend to stay in their IDE, and would likely be using whatever integrations are available. And that most of them boil down to using buttons for what you do, and enjoy using a lightweight text editor for comments, rather than putting it on the command line. Again, not disputing the validity of what you say (in fact, unless I’m adding a large, but not comprehensive, set of files to a repository, I’m probably using the CLI 90+% of the time, 100% when you get into stashing, reverting, etc).

Regardless, we’ve probably driven this thread well enough off the rails as it is, so I won’t reply in this thread re: Git. (Don’t mean to shut you down, just don’t want to continue to derail the thread)

Since you have released some of the instructions and pictures, are you confident enough with the ‘base’ and/or ‘trucks’ and/or ‘tops’ to release the print files for any of these components yet?
Would allow us to start printing things out and also then, ‘hands on’ checking the documentation to see if there is anywhere that needs clarification before you throw out the whole thing. Might be easier on you getting 2 half loads dumped on you spread out a little instead of a full load all at once.

I not going to reply for Ryan (it is not my place) but those part are solid, we test them all.

I can’t release one file without releasing them all and the supporting docs or I will get stuck answering infill %'s, material recs, and quantity a hundred times. WE are busting our butts to get this out ASAP, I promise.

8 Likes

Looking forward to it, WHEN you decide it’s ready. Not before… Thanks for all of your (and the team’s) efforts!

4 Likes

My day job is essentially trying to make people not make bad decisions. Sometimes it even works.

My catch phrase is:

You can have it right.
You can have it now.
But you absolutely cannot have it right now.

2 Likes

Or the corollary

You can have it
Fast
Cheap
Right

Pick any two

6 Likes

Right counts as two choices, otherwise you’re just trading for fewer day-one bugs…

It was actually a sign from a friend’s engine shop, I may have to propose a revision. :+1:

We had one at the shop I used to work in, but it was fast, cheap, reliable… Pick two.
But we mostly built engines so the choice was about performance, not delivery date.

Customer/Co-Worker: Can you deliver any faster?
Me: How bad do you want it?
Customer/Co-Worker: I want it real bad.
Me: OK. I can do Real Bad

4 Likes

From the Zen of Python:

Now is better than never.
Although never is often better than right now.

I also like the idea of a hanging sign with the “pick two” and then an addendum, second sign suggesting “right counts as two”.

1 Like

26 Likes

MPCNC Primo

28 Likes

Like a new Jaguar, looks modern but there’s no doubt where its heritage lies.

4 Likes

It’s not done until you get it dirty…and it most certainly got dirty.

11 Likes

:tada:

3 Likes

Well done. I’m looking forward to building it :grin:

1 Like