New MPCNC for 2020! - Primo -

That’s a lot of brim!

1 Like

I’ve found for tricky things, blue painter’s tape works best to really stick stuff to the bed. Apply edge to edge, no overlap! Then give it a wipe with some alcohol on a paper towel. The alcohol takes your finger oils off and roughs up the surface a bit. You might not be able to get all the tape off the print, but it’s the bottom anyway.

1 Like

That’s cool. What settings are you using though. I looked at that and there were too many horizontally surfaces with no support.

Edit: it looks like it is just skipping them. Interesting.

1 Like

That thing is gonna stick to that plate no matter what lol

3 Likes

I use hairspray with extra strong hold to make it stick. It usually works but not last time for the core.

Vase in S3D is just 1 perimeter. Layer height 0.4, 6 bottoms, 0 top layers so I could see inside. Layer width is 0.72 (auto). Since Vase mode is really about vertical surfaces, many of the horizontals are sparse or skipped. Kind of cool, and fun. But I really had no concerns about printing since I can go to 380mm on this machine.

6 Likes

How long did it take to print?

1 Like

For the z-axis tension, it should feel the same with or without nuts? I’m not sure how that’s possible since the bolts aren’t snug in the core clamps. After loosening and retightening the bolts into the core, I’ve got it so the bearings all touch the tube, but only barely, and there isn’t really any tension. It’s definitely not like the trucks. Any ideas?

It should say something like “Just able to spin them with your fingers” somewhere in that step.

https://docs.v1engineering.com/mpcnc/PZPage/#z-core

You want each bearing to be in contact with the rail but you should just be able to rotate the bearing with your fingers.

1 Like

Ok, so mine is definitely not that tight still. Quite easy to rotate. Should I tighten the bolts to the core more?

The Z clamps, yes, until you can just barely rotate the bearings with your fingers on the Z rail.

Am I misunderstanding the question?

I think it was about 3 to 3.5 hours for the vase mode print.

No I think we are on the same page. If tightening the clamps to the core more doesn’t help, I’ll probably try printing the clamps again at like 99%

After tightening, it seems pretty good. I did end up slightly tightening the tension bolts on the clamp to get it to engage the bearings fully. The instructions make it sound like this is bad, but I’m not sure what else I could do.

Hi, looking forward to the 25 mm files coming out, but it there any of the 25.4mm ones that is the same? so i can start printing them now?

1 Like

You can search this thread but I believe Ryan said only the nut traps are the same :slight_smile:

Yep, everything else interfaces with the OD of the tubing, or has dimensions predicated on the OD of the tubing. The nut traps can get away with not matching the ID exactly, since they’re there just to keep your nuts from free-spinning.

Free spinning nuts are bad.

2 Likes

Pretty much there:

12 Likes

Random question - Should I buy an LCD? I’m planning having a “shop laptop” to run the cnc all the time, so I shouldn’t need one, right?