New build thread

Hello everyone, glad to be joining y’all. Out of Houston, Tx. Just got the remaining parts in from Ryan and about to get started on the build. Originally thought about 4x8 ft but after measuring I’m gonna tone it down to 3x6 going to add pictures as I go. Start time 8:30PM 1/3/23 let’s see if I can get this knocked down with a quick all nighter.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forums, and I wish you the best of luck on your build!

Man I wish I was still young enough to enjoy a good all nighter project. Anyhow, no time for you to read posts right now… I’ll check in tomorrow and see what’s up.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This was at 9:00PM had moved everything to the island once my office floor was barely walkable lol.

Now after loosing track of time here’s where im at:

•all steppers mounted to their bracket with their end stop.
•rails mounted on the XZ plates then to the YZ plates

Aaaaaaand tumbler 1/4 full running low of midnight oil

So far so good! The LR3 is playing nice!

2 Likes

I’m afraid I’m giggling a bit. Here you are building in one night, I’m hoping to get up and running by the end of the year (and it’s the 4th January!) It’s looking great!

I’m practically done with the xyz plate and main carriage only missing to fire up the grinder at 3am to finish off. Decisions decisions…

4 Likes

Solid effort, congrats.

What’s the grinder for? The rails?

Weed. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks everyone for the positive support! Unfortunately last night I went to stretch and got stuck under the covers :smiling_face_with_tear::rofl: going to try to finish off this build today!

X Rail close to completion! Realized I’m still missing a couple temporary struts got them on the printer. I’ll probably take the whole thing apart at a later date to change some of the printed pieces image|666x500

1 Like

We got X-axis movement!

image|375x500

2 Likes

Okay now I’m stumped. Anybody know where I would plug in the probe as well as which header I’m supposed to connect the Z dual z? Stock it came with the 4th header (ZBM) with a jumper. I removed it and used up the header for ZB and E1M. Only way I could get my z axis to finally move both sides at the same time. Board is a SKR 1.4 Turbo endstops also aren’t working for Z

Other than that my X axis is working as well as it’s end stop, Y axis is working but with only one end stop the other doesn’t do anything.

1 Like

Update as well on current progress :eyes:

2 Likes

That cable management… Hngh. :biting_lip:

1 Like