New build Pensacola, FL

Arduino: 1.8.11 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_wchar_max(uint32_t, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:36:22: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’; did you mean ‘setPrintPos’?

u8g_uint_t x = u8g.getPrintCol(), y = u8g.getPrintRow(),

^~~~~~~~~~~

setPrintPos

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:38:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

u8g.setPrintPos(x + ret, y);

^~~

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:38:23: note: suggested alternative: ‘reti’

^~~

reti

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:38:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_u8str_max(const char*, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:43:22: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’; did you mean ‘setPrintPos’?

^~~~~~~~~~~

setPrintPos

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:45:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

^~~

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:45:23: note: suggested alternative: ‘reti’

^~~

reti

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:45:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp: In function ‘int lcd_put_u8str_max_P(const char*, pixel_len_t)’:

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:50:22: error: ‘class U8GLIB_ST7920_128X64_RRD’ has no member named ‘getPrintCol’; did you mean ‘setPrintPos’?

^~~~~~~~~~~

setPrintPos

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:52:23: error: ‘ret’ was not declared in this scope

^~~

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:52:23: note: suggested alternative: ‘reti’

^~~

reti

sketch\src\lcd\dogm\lcdprint_u8g.cpp:52:28: error: ‘y’ was not declared in this scope

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

The occurrences of “u8g” all over the place strongly hint that something is wrong with the u8glib installation. I can’t point to specifics but it is probably worth trying to install u8glib again or uninstall/reinstall u8glib, or in the worst case uninstall/reinstall arduino, reboot, reinstall windows, etc. (kidding about that last part).

If you have multiple installations of arduino then double clicking on the .ino file might be in the wrong one that doesn’t have u8glib for example, so open arduino and then open the .ino file, or what I do is I have a shortcut to Arduino 1.8.9 and i drag the ino file onto the shortcut to open it.

Sorry I don’t have something more specific.

Also make sure you don’t have the Windows store version of Arduino. That one is known to not work.

only one version of arduino and it was just downloaded from their website an hour ago. i will try uninstall and reinstall u8glib and see if that fixes it and report back. Thanks!

Just uninstalled and reinstalled arduino and still getting the same error. im going to bed…try again in the morning lol

Ok…FINALLY!!! Figured it out. After some rest and coffee i uninstalled arduino again and paid more attention this time and learned that there is a libraries folder that gets left behind. found that and deleted it. reinstalled arduino and added the u8glib library and everything compiled as it should Thanks for all the help!!! Now to see if this thing will come to life!

4 Likes

And…smoke. After uploading the firmware successfully went back out to the garage and wired the board in. double checked everything was correct using the V1 Docs. all is well…or so i thought. Plugged in power and smoke starting coming out of the board. so that one is done. I have a skr 1.3 (i think thats what its called) board that i was planning to use to set up dual end stops and all once i had it all up and running and learned a little more about it. Guess im going to have to go ahead and go that route now since thats the only board i have left. is there firmware to run that board without the dual endstops for now?

Oh, bummer. The ramps is so unforgiving. Do you know what caused the smoke? Can you share a photo? I wouldn’t want you to blow another one.

Common problems are the power wired backward, the mosfets touching (but I think they would only smoke if you turned them on), the drivers installed backward, or the endstops wired between (+) and (-) instead of (s) and (-).

There is not a preconfigured skr firmware, ATM. There are a few bouncing around the forums, but they will have specific features enabled for that user.

Power wasnt wired backwords, nothing visably burnt. everything was double and tripple checked. the only thing i can see was posibly a bridged solder joint on the mega board from the factory. but i would think that would have shown up when i powered it via usb. i used the power supply i got in my kit from ryan so idk. i even checked the power supply and its putting out 12.8v so i honestly dont know what i did wrong. no end stops were wired in. just the 3 serial stepper motors and their drivers were all thats on it.

thats what worries me. i downloaded the teaching tech version as thats where i got the idea to go with that board but even it fails to compile using his technique so idk where to go from here. i cant win for losing it seems.

I’ve got the configuration files that worked with compiling Marlin 2.xx for the SKR 1.3 on my computer at home. I use TMC 2209’s, so you would have to change up the configs to match your setup and compile.

i just found a precompiled firmware by searching skr on here and found the teaching tech thread for it. but when i hook it up as soon as i go to move it i get an error “Testing X connection…Error: ALL HIGH” so yet again one step forward 2 steps back lol.

if yours will work and its something simple i can do to change over to these tmc5160 stepper drivers ill for sure give it a go.

What kind of drivers do you have on the SKR? You need to adjust the jumpers so it can talk to the drivers. It sounds like Marlin can’t talk to the drivers, so either the wrong drivers are set, or the jumpers aren’t in the right place.

i have TMC5160 and all the jumpers removed. im running the firmware from this post… Teaching Tech Skr 1.3
I chose the Y to the front of the table. the only driver i have on the board and the only stepper hooked up is the X as its the only one thats straight wired at the moment. when i try to just move it 1mm i get that error.

I’m pretty sure you need jumpers in there. Let me see if I can find where…

https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-SKR-V1.3/blob/master/BTT%20SKR%20V1.3/SKR%20V1.3-Instructions.pdf

These pages aren’t numbered, but it shows the jumpers for SPI drivers on pg 5 or so. It has the title “TMC2130-SPI”

Do you have the SKR plugged into 12v power or just pulling from USB power? I scratched my head for an hour and a half when things weren’t initializing correctly just having the SKR plugged into USB power. I was just trying to get the drivers to talk to the SKR and kept getting similar errors with the M122 command.

1 Like

Thanks!!! Ill give this a try!

I have it plugged into 12v power supply (yay didnt fry anything this time! LOL) and im using the touch screen to try and move it. going to give the jumpers a try and hopefully thats it.

Thanks again to everyone helping me! ill keep reporting back and hopefully be able to get it running soon!

It was the jumpers. that and all 5 drivers had to be installed no matter how many steppers were actually hooked up. Got the X axis to move so we are getting somewhere. now to finish up wiring and get everything else moving as it should. Thanks again for all the help. Im sure ill need a lot more before its all over with.

1 Like