New build LR3

Hey Everyone,
I’m almost finished my build and now on to the wiring however I forgot to order stepper wire extensions. I noticed on the BOM list that the wires in the V1 store and amazon are different. What should I be getting?

1 Like

Hello @OBI! Nice Maslow! The V1E LowRider v3 Hardware kit should come with enough wiring extensions for the build. But you may still need to do some splicing and soldering.

Used 22AWG stranded copper (not CCA copper clad aluminum) for my build. Shared some wiring length and other details at…

Hope that helps, cheers!

2 Likes

I’m not the expert but if I remember right 22 gauge or thicker is fine for 12v / 24v. (20 ga and 18 ga are ok but if you get 18 gauge it’s too thick for most connectors and ferrules.)

Get 6 wire ribbon if you can so 4 wires can be for motor and 2 wires for endstop.

Hi Arron,
Thanks. Yeah the maslow been sitting awhile until i have the time to fabricate a steel frame but thats another story haha. I was hoping to get some plug and play extenders but may just go the splicing route so i can hopefully get this thing going today. I`ll read up on your build.

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks Doug.
I`ll see what i have lying around. Im thinking i may splice as arron mentioned above.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Will be interesting to see what you think of pros/cons/improvements of Maslow vs LR3 after having a chance to play with your LR3 for a bit. Personally was looking into Maslow until I dumb luck stumbled onto LR3. Good luck!

2 Likes

I do like the maslow but its a nightmare to dial in. The timber frame has warped hence why ill be doing a full metal frame. LR3 is almost done. Just waiting on some 22awg. Ive over ordered alot of wiring an plugs so once I get the lowrider going im thinking ill replace all the wiring. Or maybe just leave it and build another :smiley:

3 Likes

After alot of splicing and alot more over thinking I have everything up and running ( apart from endstops). Found everything to be pretty well documented and what wasn’t was available by searching the forum.

1 Like