New build in TN started.

I don’t trust wire colors, especially if they are not black and red. The dude creating that cable might not have had their coffee that morning, or they found a good deal on white cable that week. There’s no good reason for them to color code them inside the PSU.

pics of ribbon cables and wires to Rambo

Is the light on the power supply? Does the computer recognize it with the usb? The board was tested and flashed and powered up before shipping so I am looking at everything else. The USB is separate from the fused side so it should still work but you can swap the two 5V fuses just in case.

You can also pull the fuses out and hold them up to a light and it will be obvious if they are blown.

The fuses are good

Notice in this pic:

1. the location of the pink wires in the ribbon cable. They are swapped on your Rambo from mine.

2. the green led on the board.

[attachment file=41797]

Noted that is how I originally had them but Ryan and I swapped them around to see if it made a difference

Could the polarity of the incoming power cause this problem?

Will it hurt anything if Inswap the 2 power wires going into the Rambo board?

I went out and bought a multimeter and checked the voltage from the power supply there is no power. I believe its a bad power supply.

Thoughts?

It’s either that, or you don’t know how to use a meter :slight_smile:

What kind of power supply is it? One of those black laptop ones? Is there an led on the brick? Is the power cable coming into the brick in all the way?

The problem is the power supply.

Ryan, Do you want me to send this one back for credit?

Russh

Jeff, No LED on the power supply it is toast.

I never doubted your ability to use a multimeter.

It was touch and go there for a few minutes LOL

The power cord is good? I’m packing up a box, but since you have a meter now can you make sure the cord is good, before it gets to the PS.

Power issue solved the new AC adapter works great.

I do have another question I am using Reperior for the initial testing to run the X Y and Z motors. But the X and Y direction will move only about 400mm then they stop. Anyone know the reason for this?

Also is there an instruction manual for the LCD screen?

Repetier has a bed size built in you will probably need to change that or just use the LCD.

What do you need to know about the LCD, you should be able to push the button and the menu pops up?

Great thanks Ryan

RussH

I am looking for the specs for Kyrocera bits I need them to load the information into the tool list in Estlcam. I went on there website and was not able to find the specs. Can someone shed some light on this please.

RussH

What specs, and what bit.

1/8" if you bought it from me, and 45 degree if you are asking about the bit. That is all you should need. feeds speed and depth are all dependent on your job type and material. If you watch some of my videos all the specs are listed to give you an idea.

Please do test cuts in foam not wood.