Hi everybody, the build starts here (dramatic sounds please ).
I want to use my Proxxon FBS 240/E “Feinbohrschleifer” rotary tool with it and a drag knive for PVC foil cutting. Arduino UNO with shield for the electronics and 25mm stainless steel tubes from EBay.
After some days of information gattering about the project, my second batch of parts is in the printer, now. I have a Monoprice Voxel 3D-Printer with a build volume of 150x150x150mm. So not the biggest machine for this project, but it´s possible.
I print my parts in rPETG with Flash-Print settings: nozzle temperature: 225°C, print bed: 70°C, fan: ON
Yesterday I tried the first XYZ_F_Burly with 65% Infill. The print was a little bit “stringy” (new material),
so I changed the nozzle temperature today to 230°C. And yes I put it on a raft to be shure. Maybe next week I will have all the parts ready. No need to rush, I take my time. I don´t know the size of my machine and haven´t ordered any tubes yet. Any recommendations? I think I will use 600x800x100 tubes.
Do not worry about the weights at all. They were put there as a ball park for how much filament you will need. Same with the times. Some print a set in half the time, some take twice the time. It is just a reference. Any tiny slicer change you make will alter both numbers.
Wow, found some time after very crazy, crazy months to put the mpcnc together and what´s that? A new version? I like the new endstopp design on the tubes.
Bigger parts, less build together - means the tolerance count goes down, always good!
Now I have all the parts for version one printed and all the electronicts…
What to do? Yes, of course I could print all the new stuff…
No, let´s build the first and getting some experience with it … first
I print the belt tensioner and use the old endstopp design.
After that I would like to build a version of the 3D printer, but with a longer bed.
But first things, first.
Hi Timo, cheers from Schleswig-Holstein. Now that you have the burly parts already, it makes sense to proceed as you outlined. Hope you put enough internal filling material in, my mix there was a bit meager… Whereas the primo core I printed with 75% filling is really a rock solid monolith, compared to the/my burly. But you can do wonderful things with that too - let us know about your progress!
A Mega, I see… I thought about that. Thank you for the URL! I didn´t know that side before, nice stuff.
It´s very rigid already with the 30mm legs. Because I want to cut model foam and vacuum molded plastics with it, it needs the long legs. I don´t think that the leg´s will be a problem in soft materials. I don´t wanna cut metals with it.
If there are any problems with the length of the legs, I can always shorten them later.
PETG from 3DPSP. Happy with the constant professional quality and service.
Still printing on a plain vanilla alfawise U30 (not the pro version!), on which I just replaced the wheels and will now upgrade to linear rails (got the set from aliexpress and will have to test proper greasing materials and procedures first. As delivered, they resemble the smoothness of the Matterhorn. Well, my nickname here means Rattermarke in german…
I think, more important nowadays is what slicer you use. I got simplify3d, version 4.last… They announced version 5 long ago but did not show up since then with any news. Hope their company survived/s the pandemia.
The connector blocks can be found among the things people developed for the first generation of the MPCNC on thongaverse.Yes, I know, more than one of them is broken, too little infill, too much torque… On my list of to be reprinted parts. With 10 perimeter tracks!