New board options

Gotcha, thanks.

I knew about that one. It’s a trade off I suppose. Seems odd that you can’t control that in the firmware. I wonder if that is something we can add to marlin.

Sweet, it is already good to go.

1 Like

Sounds like others are still having issues in the comments.

1 Like

I’ll try it out soon, see what I can find.

@anon74685196

Do you want a set of five TMC 2208 stepper drivers step/dir? I brought them by mistake from Amazon and should have brought the TMS2208 UART ones. My mistake.

They can be converted to UART by soldering across two pads. With my luck so far, I’d probably end up burning the house down :slight_smile:

As I haven’t brought anything from you and feeling somewhat guilty, they are absolutely free and I’ll post them to you in the US. Might be useful for this new board work. Boxed with heat sinks and less than 15 mins use.

Rob

2 Likes

Thanks but I have a set of those as well. Being active in the forums is just as useful to me as buying stuff from me, probably more so!

Making a choice like this is tough because we will be supporting whatever it is for a very long time. The 2209 seem to be the right choice, cool step seems like it could be a good feature. As for boards and LCDs…we hardly use any of the features so the choice is actually kinda harder.

That’s OK.

I’ll see what if anybody else would make use of them.

All the best

Rob

I’m pretty late to the show here but I’m running the SKR 1.4 Turbo with the v2 Touchscreen in the dual endstop setup with spindle power control and 2208s. I’ve had a few issues, ine is something cause the whole board to lockup at the end of the gcode, I have to reset the board when it’s done with the file. The other is the screen gcode is issuing a m402 (iirc) code that Marlin hates and throws an error at startup.

I have the skr1.3 and 2208s on my ender 5, both are really good boards IMHO. If anyone wants my source code or help please let me know. I’m all for sharing.

1 Like