Moving the business forward

I’ve still got the next few paragraphs with the first contouring steps, but the part of the foam I need to photograph is buried under van stuff at the moment. :wink: It’s OK without it I think.

1 Like

Weekend update.

The Docs have been update so I think I can now forward/redirect all v1engineering.com traffic to V1E.com. Before that though I need to move the docs to docs.v1e.com. I think I might try that this evening (I think that is the lowest page view of the week).

Aluminum plates are back in stock, no more steel. Price has dropped a few dollars, as has the LR kits, and printer parts.

Kits are all 24V now. One less option and question people need to answer…getting there, slowly but surely.

6 Likes

On the hardware kit page it still says steel:

1 Like

Weird, it updated the price but not the item title…Let me try to force an update. Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, still checking things off the list.

-Domain change is nearly done.
-Worked on a new dust boot for the LR3, probably open up some beta testing on this one. Pretty variable for each person’s use case.
-Have some new R&D samples in for an update I have in mind.
-Made a stubby Plasma torch housing.
-Moved the shop around so I can use the plasma more conveniently.

3 Likes

Oh and figured out a smidge of node.js to update the headless espui. Testing it tomorrow.

2 Likes

I’ll be home Tuesday evening with plans to run my LR3 a bunch this trip home if you need help with testing…

2 Likes

Test my boot first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Just thought i would let you know that avast is blocking the site.

Well that is a bummer. I used there submission form (I think), so hopefully they clear it. McAfee had an issue a while back they cleared it in a few hours.

Does there happen to be a submission link or file I could send in?

In case anyone is bored, https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php#pc

I put an exception in avast. But ill take it off and check. Seems only the forum url

1 Like

just seems to be the subdomain

2 Likes

Cool thank you. Hopefully they sort it out soon. I have a feeling it was because I changed it several times in a few hours and it gets a lot of hits. That surely looks fishy.

That seems reasonable. A lot of shady characters there. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have the same issue on my end as well.

URL:Phishing warning blocking the forum.

It is ironic because this site has fewer ads and spam than any service I use.

2 Likes

It is odd, I don’t think there is even a google analytics tag in here.

What antivirus are you using?

:eyes:@kvcummins

1 Like

I’ll assume you were looking at me for technical knowledge, and not some other reason…

My guess is that Avast is being overly paranoid about the discourse notifications/communications. That’s about all I could glean from a quick pass of the minimized JS on the website.

Shady character… Hmph… I’m eccentric, dammit!

3 Likes

And we love you for it, but do you notice how the other kids look at you? Your behaviour also does not sit well with the other parents, a few of them complained about you making inappropriate jokes. Maybe we should schedule a parent -forum conference? :yum:

2 Likes

Text input on the LR3 calculator is light gray on white boxes…

2 Likes