More Laser Advice - Firmware

Where are your Power wires connected? Did you move them to the 12V inputs? Or are they still connected to the fan pins?

After that did you try to connect the TTL to ground or +5? What happened? Did the laser turn off?

My guess is that if you are powering it through the fan then it may not function like it was intended. It may be flickering on when you don’t expect it.

After you have tried all of that i would also suggest using a pull down resistor. I would need to look up my old post about it to remember how to do that. It’s easy.

EDIT: yeah its just a 10K ohm resistor between the TTL wire and ground. The TTL should still connect to pin 45. the resistor just bridges from that pin to ground.

Thanks for all the advice, this has been very helpful. I now have my laser working. I can have it burn images, using LightBurn and an SD card. but when I plug in the laptop with a USB the LRv2 freezes, and I can’t do anything. I have tried adjusting the baud rate, nothing. the laser command control like M03 or M105 or Inline. and no change.
Did I do something to the board? when I plugged in the USB while it is all powered up, does that do something fatal to the board?
Like I said I can still print from the SD card and it turns out good, but I would like to be able to use the laptop to do some tweaking with out having to swap the SD card all the time.

thanks again,
Kyle

You need to start with the USB, if you plug it in mid job and try to connect it resets the board.

You need to have the correct COM port and Baud rate selected (for my firmware that is 250000).

OK, I have the Baud rate set at 250000, and the com port comes up automatically, I will check it again. last night it did not work with me plugging in before powering up the board.
the new firm ware you posted, is it something I should look at uploading to the board?

I Think it would be best to start your own thread with your hardware and electronics details in it. This thread is wandering a bit.