Mirrored tube on mount plate LowRider v3

Hello friends! Congratulations to everyone on the new version of Lowrider v3. I have an idea to make mirror guides for Y so that the pipe is on both sides. I have the opportunity to make a high-toned table from sheet metal with zintriated holes for pipe fastenings. The question arose, how can I mirror the side with pipe mounts? what details need to be mirrored and can it be done?

1 Like

You can mirror the bearing wheels and that is all you need.

You will be creating a very difficult to use machine at that point though. There is a reason for not doing this that has been discussed at length many times. In short over constraint.

Ryan, thanks a lot for your reply. I have the opportunity to make a table at my work using CNC machines (laser, bending machine). The underframe will be made of aluminum 3 mm thick. I will pre-mark all the holes on the underframe to create an even rectangle for the pipes along the Y axis. I hope Google translator was able to convey my idea. I think that two guides along the Y axis will give higher rigidity to the whole structure.

Look up over constraining a system. I know it might seem that way but two unconstrained rails mounted tangentially will absolutely not make a more rigid system.

Please try and let us know for sure.

For example, I have already done this with the v2 version, on a steel frame and guides I managed to achieve excellent results on an aluminum milling machine. v3 I think is even more rigid than v2, so I really want to build it.

some more photos

If you had a perfectly stable Z height front to back, you should be okay. The LR3 will be far more sensitive to deviations.

I am not here to stop you, just offering my opinion since you asked.

2 Likes