Makita RT0700C speed control hack for marlin

Anyone made a speed control hack so I can control speed of router via controller for skr pro?

Looked into this, found an example, but personally didn’t do anything, LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes - #343 by azab2c .
Seems like most people investing time/material doing speed control end up buying larger VFD water cooled spindles.

1 Like

I had a go at assembling the speed controller Ryan developed, but I just didn’t have the skill to get it right. Sometime during those months of trial, i decided I really didn’t need to turn the speed down, even with aluminum. Just go full send.

Ah ok. Which is the one Ryan developed. Maybe might look into it :slight_smile:

There is also this if you think the asking price for the superpid is just a tad excessive…

Here’s what we have.
There is some speculation that bypassing router speed controls might be as simple removing the hardware and grabbing the two wires off the motor, but I don’t think anyone has gone that far. Also, just to be clear, I think it’s probably not necessary to cut at anything less than full speed unless you’re working on plastics/acrylics and switch back and forth to metals/wood.
It’s a cool feature to have, but might not add much to your productivity (if that matters).

1 Like