LR3 Build - Purple and Black

During my second strut the router bit fell out. Not sure why, maybe my bits are slightly under 1/8" for the collet. Here is how I fixed it

Pause the job via the screen. Once it finished the movement, I turned off the router and changed the bit.

G91; use relative positioning
G1 Z-1; move down by 1mm until I am at the top of the surface again. Repeat this command until there
G90; switch back to absolute positioning
G92 Z0; set z to 0

Then I used the screen to resume the job

1 Like

The struts came out nice

Was this suprised

3 Likes

That is awesome. I will never see that bolthole the same again. I wonder if I can model that up in CAD real subtly.

I added a screenshot in my Instagram, too funny!

2 Likes

I love seeing googly eyes.
It’s true, after seeing that, forever will I see that expression. Can’t unsee it now.

1 Like

I put JST connectors on to clean up my wiring.

3 Likes

Ooooh, proper connections. Classy. Not sure if anyone has done that before.

2 Likes

I am having really intermittent problems with my end stops. They work for a bit, then stop working. When I put the case cover on, they fail more often.

I was reading through some of the past threads with the same problem.

My signal pin reads 2.037V. I will wire up some 1.5k pull up resistors between 3.3v and signal later tonight and report back.

Did you remove the plastic around the pins on the board like mentioned in the Docs? leaving that makes it harder for the dupont connectors to stay on the board. Also did you solder your wires to the endstops or use spade connectors? I’ve had problems in the past using the spade connectors on the actual endstops. Now I always solder and heat shrink them and have no problems on that end.

1 Like

Good call out. That was absolutely a problem. If you look a couple pictures back, I made custom JST connectors for the board. The end stops are soldered / heat shrink

I am 100% confident in my soldering / wiring skills. I’ll be embarrassed now if it is still a wiring issue. haha

My bad. I did not go back and read previous comments before my reply. I’ve only ever had problems with it dropping my z2 randomly. I swapped boards and it got better but still occasionally has the issue. One of these days I’ll slow down long enough to add the resistors lol. But reading this and thinking about it I do think I will add them on my new smaller LR3 before I even install the board lol.

1 Like

I added 1.5K ohm resistors to the JST connectors. I believe this solved my problem. I was able to complete Z leveling and a bunch of testing without a single failure.

Prior to the step up resistors I would have crashed my machine ~50% of the time.

I got this board directly from Biqu, China stock (sorry Ryan - got everything else from you :slight_smile: ).

1 Like

Couple other pictures - got my struts on and it feels like a tank now.

I got the IoT relay to fit inside the beam. Yes I cracked a hose hanger. First plastic part I cracked.

I do have to find a new hose. My shop vac hose is really heavy and not the right size at the router end. It’s kind of rigged right now.

Next up is cutting the YZ plates. Not sure if I have the heart to take the machine apart again, but I want them ready incase the 3d printed ones I had to split and glue fail.

1 Like

Looking awesome! You’re making great progress! Congrats on the crown!!!

Got the plates ready to go. Probably will hold off on taking the machine apart until I break it

3 Likes

Yeah, was worried about this too, went with less brittle PETG for my hose hangers.

1 Like

ooo I like that. I do need to figure out a better hose system anyways. I like that you can use the lightweight 2" with that hanger

1 Like

Just to confuse things :slight_smile: There’s a bunch of great LR3 remixes/mods, including several hanger designs, shared by the community out there Printables

3 Likes

I have an arm above the table that holds the vacuum hose, as does @Neilp. It’s pretty great. :smile:

2 Likes

I did for my end stops. I plan on doing the same for the motors. Having a cable wiggle loose and make you wonder what you did this time to break it gets tiresome.

1 Like