LR2 New Build - TMC Connection Error

Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Found the problem. Works now.

I couldn’t insert the Z driver so I pulled the rail off, shorted.

Even knowing where the problem is, I can’t see any clues in the pictures posted. Bummer.

No, the only sign was the Z driver was not going in easy like the rest. I was putting them in one at a time and powering up. X was fine Y was fine, Z ugly, e0 and e1 fine so I knew the short was with the Z somewhere.

2 Likes

Thank you all! I received the board today and am already doing test cuts. Thanks a bunch for your help!

1 Like

@vicious1 Were you able to fix the short or did Carden have to get a whole new board? I’m having a similar issue with my X - Error all low

I don’t really remember. If I am not mistaken, the driver pin was bent. I pulled the shield off and straightened it out.

I just want to point out that all low just means it can’t talk to the driver and there are probably a dozen reasons why it wouldn’t be able to talk to the driver. It sounds like a specific error, but it might as well be telling you, “I don’t know, something is wrong though”.

The driver needs power, the uart jumpers need to be installed and the spi jumpers need to be removed. The MOTORS terminals need power, swap the drive to make sure you don’t just have a bad driver…

Then check the board to driver pins, look for pins that don’t have any solder (from the bottom) and try to check continuity from the driver to the board.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Ryan is correct. I sent it back to him and he found a bent pin which caused a short underneath a plastic shield. Because it was under a plastic shield, it was rather difficult to find, and it appeared to be a factory defect. Ryan graciously fixed it for me and sent it back.